• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie Owner.....Substrate

ashb41685

Bearded Dragon Egg
HI!

So i was given a juvenile bearded dragon....she was in a tank without anything down and i got a reptile carpet for her but i know they like to dig so i wanted to used something else.

I ordered the dessert mix from the BIO dude and hated it and she didnt seem to like it.

What else can I use? i heard sand is bad?

ashb41685

Bearded Dragon Egg
This was the bio dude stuff

Attachments

• 48CDBD7E-52F8-433D-A167-C961B750ECD5.jpeg
    48CDBD7E-52F8-433D-A167-C961B750ECD5.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
I've always been a fan of ceremic tile. You can buy outdoor tiling that looks like natural rock. And it'll file the beardies nails down so you'll almost never have to clip them.

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Nope. Its heavy enough that it stays down, and by not securing it down you can remove individual panels for cleaning. Makes it much easier than having to reach in the tank and clean the tile with limited space. This way I pull the tile out, take it to the utility sink, clean the poo off, and back in the tank it goes. Easy peasy!

ashb41685

Bearded Dragon Egg
Nope. Its heavy enough that it stays down, and by not securing it down you can remove individual panels for cleaning. Makes it much easier than having to reach in the tank and clean the tile with limited space. This way I pull the tile out, take it to the utility sink, clean the poo off, and back in the tank it goes. Easy peasy!
would you post a photo?

HarleyQuinns_Dad

Hatchling Dragon
Ash what size enclosure is that? I have the 40 gallon for Miss Harley right now. I am definitely upgrading to a 4x2x2 enclosure over the winter. Thats my winter project!

KellyNYC

Bearded Dragon Egg
They are able to grasp that and not slide around? I imagine it is textured a bit? Our dragon went into her fake rock the other day and started scratching around, like a cat in a litter box. I guess she might be trying to file her nails! I didn't know they liked to dig.