• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie owner says hi

Beans

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to shortly introduce myself and our brand new bearded dragon. We're a family of 4 (we have 2 boys-8 and 2) and live together with a 12 year old dog and an 8 year old Eclectus Parrot. For the last 3 years my oldest son has been wanting to get a bearded dragon. And we finally caved about 6 months ago. Oficially our beardy is his, but since he's 8.... he's actually mine;) My son did pick him and named him Tiki.

ofcourse we've tried to figure as much as possible in advance (so for those of you who are wondering: no coil uvb, no sand, probe thermometers etc, and also a bonus ugly stick on thermometer just because my son wants it). We have a small dubia colony and I grow my own greens. the latter both for our own consumption but also for my parrot, so the beardy can enjoy some of that as he gets older. He's only ten weeks at the moment, we picked him up 2 days ago. So far he's enjoyed some dandelion green (handfed, he comes running from his rock for it. but alway three small at a time and then he's done with greens), baby crickets, and some dubia nymphs. later this week i'm expecting a shipment of soldier fly larvae so i'm looking forward to seeing him gobble up those.

I do -despite thorough preparation- have some general questions about his eating and sunbathing behaviour which i will be posting later in the appropriate sections of the forum. I'll include a photo of our boy for those who like to see him. he's stunning (but i'm biased ofcourse)! can't wait to see how he turns out as an adult.

hier2.jpg
hier1.jpg

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Welcome to the forum! Beautiful coloring. You're right he is stunning. :) Congratulations on the new addition to your family.
When your ready just give a shout out. Peeps here are great and very helpful.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum :) Wow he IS soo cool looking, never seen a bearded dragon those colors before.

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to shortly introduce myself and our brand new bearded dragon. We're a family of 4 (we have 2 boys-8 and 2) and live together with a 12 year old dog and an 8 year old Eclectus Parrot. For the last 3 years my oldest son has been wanting to get a bearded dragon. And we finally caved about 6 months ago. Oficially our beardy is his, but since he's 8.... he's actually mine;) My son did pick him and named him Tiki.

ofcourse we've tried to figure as much as possible in advance (so for those of you who are wondering: no coil uvb, no sand, probe thermometers etc, and also a bonus ugly stick on thermometer just because my son wants it). We have a small dubia colony and I grow my own greens. the latter both for our own consumption but also for my parrot, so the beardy can enjoy some of that as he gets older. He's only ten weeks at the moment, we picked him up 2 days ago. So far he's enjoyed some dandelion green (handfed, he comes running from his rock for it. but alway three small at a time and then he's done with greens), baby crickets, and some dubia nymphs. later this week i'm expecting a shipment of soldier fly larvae so i'm looking forward to seeing him gobble up those.

I do -despite thorough preparation- have some general questions about his eating and sunbathing behaviour which i will be posting later in the appropriate sections of the forum. I'll include a photo of our boy for those who like to see him. he's stunning (but i'm biased ofcourse)! can't wait to see how he turns out as an adult.

View attachment 28095View attachment 28096
like your pictures> what kind?

Beans

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks. He’s sooooooo cute!!! With all the working from home he’s a big distraction. Every 5 minutes I tell myself to take only a “quick” look…. Quick takes at least 20 minutes;)
@Krystal: he’s a translucent leatherback, and his certificate also says het hypo so I think he’s carrying that gene(deffect?) but not showing.

saw both the parents by the way. They’re both very brightly coloured (very red and tje other more orange). So i’m kind of expecting him to redden up with age.