• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I am definitely gonna look for the dual bulb Tonite! Haven't heard of that one!
I paid $35 for the emitter at the store then saw them cheaper (waaay cheaper) on Amazon so will look for that too.
Went on biodude site. He isn't shipping in the colder months either but I'm doing research on the roach colony. Probably go with your idea (bucket) now-do you have any "tricks" for getting the size you want out of the bucket. I'm not to keen on having any crawl on me.
I mean-I will for beardie baby & I said the same thing about reptiworms & now Im touching those. Crickets are nice because you don't touch-just tap container & they fall into a bag..lol
Do you/could you post a pic of inside your bucket-i kinda do better with pics. If you can, please post on dex's mom's site bcuz she is interested & has questions also.
Thank you if you do & Thank you for everything Else if you can't...
Man no one is selling bugs weird, u can get some long tongs if u dont wanna touch em, they run and hide so u kinda gotta get in there quick, the babies like to hide on the rocks and crevices of the egg crates , the adults will usually be at the very top, i dont have a picture of my bucket on my phone but ill get you one tomorrow.

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
Didn’t mean to just post that _-_ The sand matt isn’t perfect the rocks do fall off and if you get one u need to make shure hes not eating the rocks(some beardies will literally eat anything while others are chill) , it can offer benefits of climbing and it will wear his sharp claws down(you dont want him to grow long nails) Anyway, there’s also. Corkbark tile background that are very cool i just bought one for my tokay gecko recently , I understand these things can be expensive and they get wear and tear but they’re ment to be used afterall
I'm just looking at these & wondering the sand mat goes on the back? How do these stick? What other ways can you keep nails down?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'm just looking at these & wondering the sand mat goes on the back? How do these stick? What other ways can you keep nails down?
Yes , ive seen people put it on the floor and im pretty shure thats the design of the product, but i am not gonna be cleaning poo out of that, so trash that idea lol ,I put glue along the edges, it scraps off the glass easy with a razor blade(use a fresh blade so you don’t scratch up ur glass if u ever replace the background) u can use human nails clippers but when he gets bigger youll need to buy cat nail clippers. Less is more when cliping their nails if u accidentally cut to far and hes bleeding dip his toe in some flour or cornstarch to clot the blood (if you’ve owned a bird im shure u know this already)

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
Yes , ive seen people put it on the floor and im pretty shure thats the design of the product, but i am not gonna be cleaning poo out of that, so trash that idea lol ,I put glue along the edges, it scraps off the glass easy with a razor blade(use a fresh blade so you don’t scratch up ur glass if u ever replace the background) u can use human nails clippers but when he gets bigger youll need to buy cat nail clippers. Less is more when cliping their nails if u accidentally cut to far and hes bleeding dip his toe in some flour or cornstarch to clot the blood (if you’ve owned a bird im shure u know this already)
I would think that glue would give off fumes with the heat & all. I was reading the reviews & apparently it falls apart once wet! Whoever came up with the idea for this, certainly never had a bearded dragon. LOL
How have you got the cork bark up?
I'm thinking a black back ground would probably reflect

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
I would think that glue would give off fumes with the heat & all. I was reading the reviews & apparently it falls apart once wet! Whoever came up with the idea for this, certainly never had a bearded dragon. LOL
How have you got the cork bark up?
I'm thinking a black back ground would probably reflect
I forgot to mention the 2 in 1 bulb.
In reviews someone said to make sure to burn off the lamp before using on pet.
Know what that means? Another said it has to be 12" away from pet?
It states it's good for 12 months?

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If you’re discussing MVB bulbs, I’ve heard before they’re not great unless you have a solar meter (which are expensive) so that you can test the UVB output. I don’t have an MVB and I’m a relatively new beardie owner but it might be worth researching that further before considering MVB bulb!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I forgot to mention the 2 in 1 bulb.
In reviews someone said to make sure to burn off the lamp before using on pet.
Know what that means? Another said it has to be 12" away from pet?
It states it's good for 12 months?
I use a gel super glue so its safer, they dont leave fumes , you can use silicone to stick it on if you prefer, i only did a couple drips of the glue i didnt go crazy with it, ive had a rock matt in there for over a year and only a small spot of the rocks have fallen off about an inch(its also the spot my girl scratchs to let me know she wants out) , its definitely not a perfect product, I wouldn’t put water on it most of the bad reviews are people who are using it as a floor for the it beardy, i have only seen one other person us me it ask a backdrop and they were on this site, i just thought about this and i cant believe i didnt think of it sooner, you could buy some sand paper? It might be even more expensive going that road but you can get black? And the grit on the sand paper will not fall off, i wish I thought of this, I just ordered another sand matt, (my beardy destroyed her carpet background yesterday) for the corkbark tiles I bought the biggest one and i cut it so it can fit snugly, i only glued the middle on this one cause it pretty much supports it self in my setup , yea look up black sand paper i think thatd look really cool.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If you’re discussing MVB bulbs, I’ve heard before they’re not great unless you have a solar meter (which are expensive) so that you can test the UVB output. I don’t have an MVB and I’m a relatively new beardie owner but it might be worth researching that further before considering MVB bulb!
Yea I probably should have solar meter(but shouldn’t everyone?) i mean how would you know the uvb output of ur current bulb? Trust the box right? Mvb can be dead on arrival and they are expensive so i get that part, i have my bulbs on a 5 months cycle the mvb say they’re good from anywhere 8-12 months depending on the brand but i still dont risk a bulb goin out , i have additional uvb i offer in my tank i only keep the tube light uvb on for half the day then around 3 its gets turned off , to simulate darkening, definitely do research , dont let my word be law for you other people can have better advice, and at the end of the day it only matters what the dragon likes.