• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

annamxlissa

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all Beardie parents, I recently became a Beardie mama and got myself a 5-7 month old male. (I would say hes most likely 7 months due to his size.) I have done a lot of research but still have so much to learn, and with that I have a few questions.
I have a 40 gallon tank with 100W basking bulb, the basking area reaches 109° at its highest point, and the cool side hovers around 80° in the day. I also have a 10.0 spiral UVB bulb, which I have read it could damage his eyes and overall not the best choice for Beardies. I am looking into ordering the Zoo Med T8 ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Fluorescent Tube 24”, but am having difficulty with finding a fixture appropriate for it. If you have any links on where I could find one please send them my way.
It has only been 24 hours with my new man but I already have a few questions. Yesterday and today he has been glass surfing with a black beard, he shows no signs of aggression towards me but it seems to be his reflection thats doing it, I am DIYing a backdrop for 3 sides of his tank by making a collage of desert images to save money and make it more interesting. Is it his reflection that he is trying to get at?
Another question is, he went to sleep around 9PM last night, and I woke him up at 8AM with his lights. He immediately went over to his basking area and warmed up for an hour. I made him a salad, Kale, Acorn Squash and some dried up mealworms that came with the tank. He has no interest in any of it! I tried picking up some pieces to show him but still nothing, he seems more preoccupied with chasing his reflection. Should I be worried that he does not want to eat? I have crickets aswell that I have been gut loading for two days now, so when the time is right I will be feeding those to him.
Last question, I live in NJ and the humidity here has been awful. I put an AC into my room where he is to help battle it and it does help. I even put two socks full of rice into his tank, but still the humidity in there is 49%, what can I do to lower it even more? At night it reached up to 60% and his overall tank temperature was at 70°. I have a probe temperature reader so I know exactly what its at, and a great humidity reader inside his tank.
Please let me know any helpful tips and tricks, thank you!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, you've asked a lot of questions so tell me if I missed any. You picked out a good bulb the reptisun 24in T8 is a perfect one! I got my fixture with the cage I got, I have a 4 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot PVC cage best cage I've ever bought! Baby bearded dragons often times don't eat fruits or veggies and their diet should consist of mainly insects so I wouldn't worry too much. If you are having trouble keeping humidity out of the tank try getting a dehumidifier.

annamxlissa

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, you've asked a lot of questions so tell me if I missed any. You picked out a good bulb the reptisun 24in T8 is a perfect one! I got my fixture with the cage I got, I have a 4 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot PVC cage best cage I've ever bought! Baby bearded dragons often times don't eat fruits or veggies and their diet should consist of mainly insects so I wouldn't worry too much. If you are having trouble keeping humidity out of the tank try getting a dehumidifier.
I'm so sorry for the amount of questions I had haha, since this thread I've had a lot of my worries put to rest and everything is looking great for my beardie. I only have one issue and thats his lack of interest in his morning salad. I've tried a few options for greens now, and even offered him a blue berry but still nothing. He loves his superworms as a treat and dubia roaches, but won't eat his veggies! Do you have any advice on how I can get him to eat them? Thanks!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sorry I don't really have any experience with bearded dragons not eating their veggies. luckily I have been lucky enough that all of my bearded dragons have been eating their veggies, but I have heard that mixing a couple of mealworms in the lettuce and also strawberry banana calcium powder is good.

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm so sorry for the amount of questions I had haha, since this thread I've had a lot of my worries put to rest and everything is looking great for my beardie. I only have one issue and thats his lack of interest in his morning salad. I've tried a few options for greens now, and even offered him a blue berry but still nothing. He loves his superworms as a treat and dubia roaches, but won't eat his veggies! Do you have any advice on how I can get him to eat them? Thanks!
you can try hand feeding. they are usually more interested if you move it around, and they might realize it’s not bad! i do recommend mixing live food with his salad like above reply. good luck!

N W

Juvenile Dragon
What we did was to offer her salad first thing every morning. If she took even one bite she got her bugs. Eventually she started eating more, so now we do bugs/salad/bugs - she is 6 months so still on 3 feeds/day.
Also recommend the bugs in salad - you could try to get bsfl and mix them in the salad (let him see you put them in)
Just keep offering every day, he's also likely going through relocation stress which can cause some feeding issues.