• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardie dad :)

cyborg_irl

Bearded Dragon Egg
Heyo, my name is Christofer! I have always wanted a bearded dragon. To love, care and learn more about them as they grow. I am fascinated by them and I have found myself researching and monitoring him like crazy since I got him. I am so happy to finally have the opportunity to be a bearded dragon owner. I've had him for about 5 days now and he's a baby. The first day I got him he began shedding and I have been giving him baths to help support him during this time. I understand they are usually lethargic, irritable or have loss of appetite at this time but he's been doing well falling asleep on my lap, being handled and has still had some sort of appetite which makes me happy. I feed him veggies by hand and sometimes crickets by hand but he normally hunts for his crickets. But I'd say he's doing pretty well during his shedding process and adaptation to a new environment. I really love this little guy. His name is Luther. If anyone has any pro tips on beardies and more info please send em my way, I love to learn more and to be as knowledgeable as possible. Thank you! I'm excited to connect with others. :)

Attachments

• 96023215_276512216822804_5483360832538326014_n(1).jpg
    96023215_276512216822804_5483360832538326014_n(1).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 11

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome to the forum Christofer! What a cute lil lizard!

Jerika

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Christofor, I'm in the same boat, new berdie owner. My baby is about 6 weeks old now and shedding like crazy. I'm no expert, still learning, but I believe the loss of appetite when shedding applies more to older berdies. The baby's are growing so they are more likely to be hungry and want to eat all the time. Glad your little one is settling in well. Best of luck!

Blueberry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Christofer and Jerika. Very young for vegetables, they start out life as insectivores. Good range of invertebrate is what he needs right now. They are omnivores before reaching adulthood. This food list also goes into research.
Probably find that it will get a little grumpy with shedding as it gets older. Of course there are always exceptions. In the right environment (humidity, lighting, heating) shedding will be easy enough for them.

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
Hi Christofer and Jerika. Very young for vegetables, they start out life as insectivores. Good range of invertebrate is what he needs right now. They are omnivores before reaching adulthood. This food list also goes into research.
Probably find that it will get a little grumpy with shedding as it gets older. Of course there are always exceptions. In the right environment (humidity, lighting, heating) shedding will be easy enough for them.
I disagree it is true that they need more protein right now 80% protein 20% veggies. I think it is a good idea to introduce salad to his diet because they grow fast and it is smart to get him use to eating salad as well. What I did when Safari was that small is prepare his salad first thing in the morning and in the afternoon give him his bugs

Reactions: N W