• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Bearded Dragon Owner

Badger

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I just yesterday adopted an 18 month old bearded dragon from a really nice family. They rehomed him because their 10 year old wasn't taking him out and lost interest. His name is Bean and they told me he's never shown any aggression, and is generally very chill. They gave me his entire set up, so I haven't changed anything--he's still on the same light and UVB schedule (12 hours on), 40 gallon tank, with repti-carpet, his basking log, a hide. He has been eating great--I offer him a fresh salad every day with collard greens and some cilantro (dusted with the powder they provided), and he's been loving that. I also have been feeding him some phoenix worms and the occasional superworm and he eats those great too.

He's pooped twice since I've had him, once was loose stool when I first brought him home and once today (normal) when I took him out for the first time. The only thing concerning me is he sometimes has dark stripes on his belly (indicative of stress?) and tends to scratch at the glass on the cool side of his cage. He also seems very active--is this normal for beardies? I took him out and he was moving around the playpen I set up and climbing it and everything. He seems ok with me touching him, and I picked him up fine but he tends to scratch a little with his back legs. He also leaps sometimes in his cage and gets spurts of energy. Is this all normal? His basking side of the cage is around 100 and his cool side around 80. I want to be a good beardie mom!! Any advice would be appreciated.