• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beadie Caretaker

BeardieLover101

Bearded Dragon Egg
My teacher has a 2' bearded dragon named Jakie and is planning to bring her in as a class pet. Jakie was previously called Jake, her name and pronouns changed due to a sex misunderstanding. I will be Jakie's caretaker while she is at my school.
Any suggestions?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My teacher has a 2' bearded dragon named Jakie and is planning to bring her in as a class pet. Jakie was previously called Jake, her name and pronouns changed due to a sex misunderstanding. I will be Jakie's caretaker while she is at my school.
Any suggestions?
Watch the kids- make rules - boundaries- correct lighting no coils for uvb's- basking temps need to be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- no sand no heat mats or rocks no colored bulbs-- lights on for 12 hrs off for 12 hrs- feed 2 hrs before lights off-- if you need more help please ask- the basking temps and UVB are the 2 most important things in the tank

BeardieLover101

Bearded Dragon Egg

Jakie’s Care Guide:

Feed Jakie once every 2 days, remove any uneaten food within 2 hours of serving, clean her terrarium once every 2 months, check the water level daily and refill/clean her water dish when required.

Diet:

Chives (Diced, 1 tablespoons per serving)

Blueberries (2 per serving)

Raspberries (1 per serving)

Superworms (Lightly dusted with calcium, 2 per serving)

Cucumber (Grated, 2 tablespoons per serving)

Kale (Diced, 4 tablespoons per serving)

Celery (Grated, 2 tablespoons per serving)

Supplies to Bring:

Chives

Blueberries

Raspberries

Superworms

Cucumber

Kale

Celery
Grater
Knife
Tablespoon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's what I have written so far.
Ok so dragons need to be fed salads everyday greens like collards mustard turnip or kale- squash cut up like yellow or zucchini NO CELERY - Blueberries occasionally- No cucumber this is going to give very watery stools and no nutrition - super worms are for treats not a staple feeder you want a staple feeder like crickets dubia roaches BSFL or silk worms- this dragons diet now is not healthy- you must have the correct lighting and what your telling me is the lighting is incorrect w/ the diet this dragon is getting fed- can you post a pic of the tank now? And a pic of the dragon please

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No. I can ask my teacher to send pics though.
Ok let them read what I have posted so they can do some changing if they need too what substrate is being used in the tank ? Cleaning the tank out every 2 months is too long- dragons need to be sanitary if the tank is not clean they can contract yellow fungus and if not treated right away it will kill them -- so I would say to clean it everytime they poop

BeardieLover101

Bearded Dragon Egg
Picture:

Attachments

• 28DBC5A0-FBE4-4F90-A377-9A579B8EA07E.png
    28DBC5A0-FBE4-4F90-A377-9A579B8EA07E.png
    11.9 MB · Views: 3