• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New baby :)

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
0510130550P1340423.jpg
I just ordered a new baby and I am stoked. I had been wanting one of these for quite a while so I did a lot of research and picked out my new baby once I located a legit breeder of what I wanted. Now I have to find the perfect habitat. I have a 30 long in my attic but I am not sure if it is high enough since Geckos like to climb. Yes my new baby is a Albino Tangerine Giant Leopard Gecko. here is a picture and name suggestions are a great help. He is a male and was hatched 3/23/13 so not quite ready to come home et but real soon :) Isn't he gorgeous..

Pat B

Super Moderator
WOW!! He is absolutely beautiful!! A name will come to you....something cool will pop into your head and you will know it is the right name!! Post some pics when he gets 'home'! How many animals now??...or reptiles! Can't remember how many you have!! :D

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
004jc.jpg
Thanks everyone, I setup his habitat and now waiting to see what the breeder says about it. He asked for a pix of it to make sure I have everything in the correct area and all.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 4890 ...I have a 30 long in my attic but I am not sure if it is high enough since Geckos like to climb. Yes my new baby is a Albino Tangerine Giant Leopard Gecko. here is a picture and name...

We have leopard geckos and use 20 gal Long setup. The will climb on their furnishings but have never had issues with them climbing glass. Its my understanding that the Leos can't climb glass like some other geckos can.
They are indeed a delight to keep...easy:)
Enjoy!

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
I have ordered me a UTH from a company that has adjustable heating settings. Today I ordered a stand that I think I can put another tank on the bottom :) I use 20 gallon also Mungi. I should get my new man home sometime next week,

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I've never had need to use a UTH on our Leo enclosure. Took a bit of experimenting but with a 20 g Long we use a 65watt household incandescent bulb during the day on one end of the tank which provides optimal temp and maintains a spot on gradient to the cool side. At night we use a 50 watt Night Black bulb which keeps the night temp drop right as well as provides just enough light to allow for watching him prowl around and hunt down the roaches we feed. They are awesome to watch when they hunt...they stalk much like a lion stalks and pounce on there prey. Their tails do twitch just like big cats do right before they strike...Lol... very curious lil creature too...they will learn your voice very quickly and if you call them and place your finger on the tank enclosure they will come right to it to check it out and will even follow it:)
Much fun ahead for you!
Enjoy!!

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks Mungi , I am looking forward to getting him home and start the learning process and get acquainted. Monday is a holiday but I am hoping if all goes well he will be home by friday of next week or maybe before :)

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
006jc.jpg
005squiggy.jpg
Well he ( Squiggy) is home and he keeps climbing up on the rock fixture inside of the tank and I have taken him down 4 times already, I am afraid he will fall??? Do I need to take this out or what? He is so pretty and very tame but hasn't eaten which I would expect that being in a new home. Attaching pix so you can see...HELP

Murtaghs_family

Hatchling Dragon
View attachment 5124View attachment 5125 Well he ( Squiggy) is home and he keeps climbing up on the rock fixture inside of the tank and I have taken him down 4 times already, I am afraid he will fall??? Do I need to take this out or what? He is so pretty and very tame but hasn't eaten which I would expect that being in a new home. Attaching pix so you can see...HELP
I know nothing of leo geckos but hes very photogenic up there! Most animals can get down from wher they get up too but i dont know

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Well I wrote to his breeder to and he said no climbing structures :( Drats it looked so good in there. I went in to take it out and he was back up there again and felt cold so I put him under his heat rock and took the structure out. Better safe than sorry I imagine. Cute and sweet lil bugga.

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks Pat, I think he's pretty darn cute. Yes dull Dino is still asleep and I am not going to stress over Dino anymore, he can sleep on.