• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Neurological disorders?

Drach_Kahla

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, I'm new here. We have 2 beardies; Drach is a little over a year old and possibly a German Giant, while Kahla is around 3 or 4 months old and we believe he may be a citrus. They're in separate enclosures, obviously. :)
Kahla is an adoption, as he has some sort of disorder. I don't believe it to be "stargazing" as he doesn't do that; it's more like he has extremely limited muscle control and "faints" when touched. He also sleeps 23 hours a day...on his back.
I hand feed him in a separate container to ensure he eats. He's a very good eater but isn't growing as fast as Drach did at that age, but as noted before, Drach is possibly a G.G. Kahla's grown maybe a third of his length in the month we've had him.
He was at the vet before he came to us but they refused xrays or bloodwork, citing it as "probably mbd." Having worked with him every day since we got him, I don't believe this to be true. He seems to have something more like MS in humans.
Has anyone had any experience with neurological issues in beardies? Or have any ideas of what else we can do for him? I'm in South Central PA and haven't found a very with enough experience to trust yet. He IS growing, eats well, and doesn't seem to be suffering in ANY way.
Thanks, guys, it's great to be here!

Attachments

• 20200104_204857.jpg
    20200104_204857.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61

Drach_Kahla

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here are 2 pictures of what I mean by "faints"

Attachments

• 20200112_141958.jpg
    20200112_141958.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • 20200112_141950.jpg
    20200112_141950.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60

Drach_Kahla

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's Kahla with the issues, not Drach. Which forum? I don't see a link or mention of a particular area. Thanks!

Drach_Kahla

Bearded Dragon Egg
To answer lighting questions, they both have Reptisun 10's with reflectors that are on from 9am to 8pm and ceramic heat emitters that are on 24/7

Drach_Kahla

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry I haven't updated, I've been quite busy with appointments and such.
Sad to say that Kahla passed Tuesday morning; he was not responding to any treatments and stopped eating completely. The vet was able to make his transition quick and painless. Oddly I'm not terribly upset about this; I think I just find comfort in knowing we did all we could for him and he didn't spend his last month in a pet store (he was an adoption from my husband's store that came in in poor shape - the breeder refused to help or accept a return, so we took him to try to help him) or having been ignored by a breeder who didn't care.
Thank you to kaylynangel for the advice and trying to help ❤

Drach_Kahla

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am so sorry to hear about kahla☹️
It's ok, he's better now; I hate to think that he may have been suffering at the end. Thanks again for the advice!
I just got a baby leatherback this morning (planned on getting one awhile ago) and he's (she's?) already quite the character!

Attachments

• 20200305_142618.jpg
    20200305_142618.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20200305_103049.jpg
    20200305_103049.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8