• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help with thermostat please

Dragon-lovin-mum

Hatchling Dragon
I recently found out my viv was all wrong thanks to this forum- so I’ve worked on kitting it all out correctly.
My beardie in question is 10weeks.
She’s currently in a 3ft viv, she has a t5 24w 12% uvb.
She has a Komodo 600w dimming thermostat(she was using an on/off first and pet shop advised they’re no good)
she also has the basking bulb placed just behind the ubv now however- whilst changing that to a flat ceiling fitting today(she had it angled previously) its blown my brand new thermostat and it won’t even turn on now. Any suggestions would be amazing. I threw the box and instructions away as it was working fine for the last week.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently found out my viv was all wrong thanks to this forum- so I’ve worked on kitting it all out correctly.
My beardie in question is 10weeks.
She’s currently in a 3ft viv, she has a t5 24w 12% uvb.
She has a Komodo 600w dimming thermostat(she was using an on/off first and pet shop advised they’re no good)
she also has the basking bulb placed just behind the ubv now however- whilst changing that to a flat ceiling fitting today(she had it angled previously) its blown my brand new thermostat and it won’t even turn on now. Any suggestions would be amazing. I threw the box and instructions away as it was working fine for the last week.
I can't help you w/ that - I don't use them at all - I do my lights manually- hooman might be able to help you--

Dr. D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I use a 100W Basking Dome litght on top of the tank above his basking area the device i use to control temp is below. It has a probe that i have a few inches from the middle of his basking area on the side of the tank it took some playing with but i found when i set the thermostat to 96.3 it will turn off if goes above that. that keeps his basking area at a Max of 107. when it goes above it just shuts off Basking light UVB remains on. I control all lights with Alexa that turns it on at 8AM and off at 10PM

Inkbird ITC-306T Pre-Wired Electronic Heating Thermostat Temperature Controller and 24 Hours Digital Day & Night Cycle Timer Controller for Seed...
1617049216975.png