• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need a new enclosure

Cydnee

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have an adult bearded dragon but she is in a I believe 30 gallon enclosure. I read that they need much bigger tanks. I have been searching but have had not much luck. My dad is very picky on the tank we get. We are searching for a big tank, 120 gallons is great. Front opening, and want it to look nice. I have found 1 from zoo med but my dad didn’t like the way it looked. However it’s perfect so he might have to deal with it if we can’t find something better. Lol but we’re should I look? Any recommendations? Our budget is up to 500$ So he said. Thank you

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Zen Habitats has a reasonably priced enclosure, but it doesn't look the nicest.

@Toad Ranch also sells quality, good-looking 4x2x2 enclosures for under $500, they can probably tell you a bit more about them.

Kages is one of the best enclosure companies based on what I've read, I plan to get one myself in the future. They look nice, they're very customizable and have great reviews.

Cydnee

Bearded Dragon Egg

@Toad Ranch also sells quality, good-looking 4x2x2 enclosures for under $500, they can probably tell you a bit more about them.

Kages is one of the best enclosure companies based on what I've read, I plan to get one myself in the future. They look nice, they're very customizable and have great reviews.
Yea the zoo med dosnt look the best but I’ll go look at the other two tanks. Thank you!

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
I have an adult bearded dragon but she is in a I believe 30 gallon enclosure. I read that they need much bigger tanks. I have been searching but have had not much luck. My dad is very picky on the tank we get. We are searching for a big tank, 120 gallons is great. Front opening, and want it to look nice. I have found 1 from zoo med but my dad didn’t like the way it looked. However it’s perfect so he might have to deal with it if we can’t find something better. Lol but we’re should I look? Any recommendations? Our budget is up to 500$ So he said. Thank you
That's an incredibly high budget. Try looking on Craigslist; it could save you a whole bunch of money. Personally, I use huge medical equipment shipping boxes from my work; they are free, spacious, and disposable should anything nasty happen. And since all 4 sides are opaque with the top coverable by a giant piece of cardboard cut from another of the same box, it allows me to have the lights on for my work while blacking out my beardie's world on schedule.

Toad Ranch

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi @Cydnee , If you haven't already you can check out our enclosures on our website: ToadRanchReptiles.com
If you have any questions about them I'd be more than happy to answer them! Feel free to reply on here, email [email protected] or give us a call at (417) 365-0939.

Borges1.jpg

Cydnee

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi @Cydnee , If you haven't already you can check out our enclosures on our website: ToadRanchReptiles.com
If you have any questions about them I'd be more than happy to answer them! Feel free to reply on here, email [email protected] or give us a call at (417) 365-0939.

View attachment 25120
Haha well funny you guys reacted to my post, we actually chose to order from your company! I got the 48x24x24 driftwood encloser! Order #1045. Thanks you guys ❤️

caaleshire

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I'm confused. Lead times on the site say 7-8 weeks but you got your shipped in a couple weeks from the posts above. I currently have an order out with another company but it keeps getting pushed back. If Toad Ranch can get me an enclosure quickly I'm more than happy to shift course. I'm really excited to get started in keeping Beardies.

Toad Ranch

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi @caaleshire , We try our hardest to keep our lead times up to date so we don't have to push out orders! @Cydnee I believe ordered when we were at about a 5 week lead time. We have been really busy with orders lately and have had to push that out to the 7-8 weeks, but like I said we aim to get them out sooner than that :)

We actually just launched an enclosure designed specifically with beardies in mind!
You can check it out here:

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I just ordered a Zen Habitats. They have 120 gallon enclosures made of bamboo wood and they have front sliding doors! They apparently are very sturdy i've read so many great reviews and watched so many videos on youtube about them.

You will see two enclosure that are both 2 x 2 x 4 and wonder what is the difference? One is "wood panel" the other is "PVC panel". Get the wood panel, the PVC is for species that need high humidity!

Toad Ranch

Bearded Dragon Egg
PVC is a very versatile material that holds up great in humid and arid set ups. Our new "Pogona Paddock" edition features side vents positioned high on the right side panel (on the hot side) and lower on the left side panel. This configuration promotes cross ventilation/breeze by taking advantage of rising hot air. Our thick 1/2" PVC Panel holds in the heat for your beardie and makes keeping a clean bacteria and parasite free enclosure a breeze!

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you or anyone in your house hold is handy you can always make one out of plywood, I find that these tanks defiantly hold temperature and humidity better. And than your dad also can make sure it's pretty enough for him and the beardie lol

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon

The Toad ranch advices not to use heat emitter inside PVC, how would you keep induce warm at night?

Toad Ranch

Bearded Dragon Egg
The Toad ranch advices not to use heat emitter inside PVC, how would you keep induce warm at night?
Hi @2Pacalypse ,

Ceramic heat emitters get super super hot... scary hot and don’t direct the heat down. We recommend not using them mostly because they aren’t efficient in heating the animals and there are better options. Arcadia Deep Heat Projectors are great at directing the heat down to your animals and they provide Infrared A&B. We have these available periodically and can add them to your order upon request. They are also available at LightYourReptiles.com

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
Hi @2Pacalypse ,

Ceramic heat emitters get super super hot... scary hot and don’t direct the heat down. We recommend not using them mostly because they aren’t efficient in heating the animals and there are better options. Arcadia Deep Heat Projectors are great at directing the heat down to your animals and they provide Infrared A&B. We have these available periodically and can add them to your order upon request. They are also available at LightYourReptiles.com
Thank you! Is the Arcadia deep heat projectors good for night time? Bearded dragons need complete darkness.
Thanks again for responding!

Toad Ranch

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi @2Pacalypse ,

Thank you! Is the Arcadia deep heat projectors good for night time? Bearded dragons need complete darkness.
Thanks again for responding!
Yes they are great for nighttime too! They don’t produce light. You’re welcome! We don’t always get notifications from the forum but we always try to respond when we do! I’m happy to answer questions you have here or get a hold of us through email- [email protected]
:)

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
Yes they are great for nighttime too! They don’t produce light. You’re welcome! We don’t always get notifications from the forum but we always try to respond when we do! I’m happy to answer questions you have here or get a hold of us through email- [email protected]
:)
Thank you once again for your response! Definitely interested! My thing keeping me from jumping on asap is still debating going with just the front viewable. Mine loves watching me from one side panel & he is young yet so no rush there. Impossible to rotate an enclosure to where he could view the world from the front due to space.
Thinking to cover the sides this weekend just to see if it's stressful. I feel really bad doing that because he hangs out right there watching my every move. Be pretty boring in a box with nothing to see except a large ferret cage with no movement as they are always sleeping.
Definitely interested if I go this route & can't thank you enough for you taking time to answer my questions!

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Amazon is the Best place to look & $500 is about the price range for a 120 Gallon the ZooMed gallon a a great one. Also, u will need. Also, u will need an addt’l basking bulb of 50-75 watt to place on the cold side to keep the temp on that side around 75-78.