• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first beardie

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Ok, I’ll give it a go, I wasn’t going to stick background in anyway, I was trying to make it so I could remove at any time if need be!

Oh my, high?!? I’ll be jumping in there with him lol:)

I will test on a separate sheet and see how bad it smells and for how long! Thank you!

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
So I have my ceramic heater (for night) placed in the centre of the viv towards the back, it will controlled by the microclimate ministat, where should the probe be placed? The instructions say it should be hanging from the top, is that the best position? Should the probe be over the cooler/cave end where he will be sleeping?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I have my ceramic heater (for night) placed in the centre of the viv towards the back, it will controlled by the microclimate ministat, where should the probe be placed? The instructions say it should be hanging from the top, is that the best position? Should the probe be over the cooler/cave end where he will be sleeping?
Place it on the back center wall --

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
I am in the middle of ordering live food and need more advice :oops: I hope you two get paid for this @Sadie and @Skybug!

I have Dubia (10-15mm are the smallest, calci worms which I believe are bsfl, I was going to add crickets, do I need the brown silent type or the black field ones? And I can’t find hornworms , are they called something else in the uk?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I am in the middle of ordering live food and need more advice :oops: I hope you two get paid for this @Sadie and @Skybug!

I have Dubia (10-15mm are the smallest, calci worms which I believe are bsfl, I was going to add crickets, do I need the brown silent type or the black field ones? And I can’t find hornworms , are they called something else in the uk?
Tomato worms? Try that, and the cricket type is up to you, the black ones are alot more hardy in my opinion, but they are very loud, and yes the calcium worms are bsfl, dont dust those,,..

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
they don’t seem to have them, I’ve checked two sites, they have buffalo worms? They also have mini mealworms, would they be okay for baby?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
No mealworms, not till 6-8 months of age, For the crickets id keep them in a 5 gallon bucket, with a lid and 10-20 holes, the bsfl just keep them how they send them to you, im breeding roaches myself, keep yours in a clean tupperwear with a lid and like 5-10 holes in the lid , with egg crate, paper rolls, feed them veggies that ur feeding the bearded dragon, veggies i feed the bugs Specifically carrot/potatoe (these have a low rot change)

Attachments

• 40353618-0552-43CF-A432-BD2225344DC3.jpeg
    40353618-0552-43CF-A432-BD2225344DC3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • DC363783-120B-4F81-8642-C99DA78EAA34.jpeg
    DC363783-120B-4F81-8642-C99DA78EAA34.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • F3D5FE30-B369-46A4-B3E7-0B4C9D632D79.jpeg
    F3D5FE30-B369-46A4-B3E7-0B4C9D632D79.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
No they were all kept inside, if I kept either bins outside here in FL the other bugs would take it over lol (i hate the bugs here)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Breeding is kinda difficult, i went through a batch of roaches, but now there breeding very prolifically, it does save you alot of money in the long run though.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 10 gallon glass aquarium that I keep about 200 roaches in --- I feed them dubia food and water crystals along w / squash every once in awhile ---- they are kept in my computer room / office where the dragons are kept -- I did not start a colony but my roaches have been breeding so I a little ones in there now too --- they have been breeding for awhile -- hornworms can be gotten here www.dubiaroaches.com or here www.mulberryfarms.com or here www.hornworms.com ---- price them out and dont order a lot of them or they will out grow the dragon --- keep them in a cooler area and they wont grow as fast -- I feed two dragons and only order 24 at a time and feed two about every day so they dont get huge -- they are a hydrating worm so your dragons poop will come out real moist

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

No we dont get paid for this --- just trying to help people out and get them off to a good start w/ the dragons --- pet stores are of NO HELP and do not have a clue as to how to take care of a dragon --- the stuff they sell to people often get the dragons really sick or dead

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
I have a 10 gallon glass aquarium that I keep about 200 roaches in --- I feed them dubia food and water crystals along w / squash every once in awhile ---- they are kept in my computer room / office where the dragons are kept -- I did not start a colony but my roaches have been breeding so I a little ones in there now too --- they have been breeding for awhile -- hornworms can be gotten here www.dubiaroaches.com or here www.mulberryfarms.com or here www.hornworms.com ---- price them out and dont order a lot of them or they will out grow the dragon --- keep them in a cooler area and they wont grow as fast -- I feed two dragons and only order 24 at a time and feed two about every day so they dont get huge -- they are a hydrating worm so your dragons poop will come out real moist
That is honestly so cool, I currently culture mosquito larvae for my fish (they are gone before they become mosquitos ;)) and think it’s great that the same can be done with the roaches for the dragon, definitely something I will be considering! Like the idea of a fish tank too, I have one of those laying around :oops:.

No we dont get paid for this --- just trying to help people out and get them off to a good start w/ the dragons --- pet stores are of NO HELP and do not have a clue as to how to take care of a dragon --- the stuff they sell to people often get the dragons really sick or dead
you don’t get paid :eek: you really should!! I can’t believe how much u both do, I was looking at ALL the recent posts and every single one is answered by you both!! It must take up a lot of your time? All out of the goodness of your heart for those beardies worldwide, incredible!:cool::bd:;)

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
It’s the same in the fish keeping world, so may fish die because of pet stores and ppl who rush in, makes me really sad! No animal should suffer like they all do and it’s consistent across the board like with other species, I don’t know how ppl sleep at night.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
ive always had lizards and amphibious creatures growing up, i know fair amount about lizard care, but proper lighting is something im still learning about,….it has come a long way since i was a kid (back in the day most pet stores told you “oh yea just throw a 50w-120w heat bulb in there and ur lizard will be fine) for the mealworms and wax worms (first off wax worms are practically just a moving butter ball) so if u feed those make shure its not a staple, and only maybe a every other day treat, the meal worms compared to super worms (meal worms and supers are practically identical, but they are different species) mealworms exoskeletons are a lot harder to digest, if u feed them you’ll notice ur beardy pooping out undigested “bug bits” this is B A D (for multiple reasons) 1impaction 2the bug parts could be cutting his insides 3 generally you want them getting all the nutrients from their bugs (especially the bugs skin, thats what keeps ur bearded dragons scales healthy, along with the calcium) u can try feeding small super worms to him, but im certain the same results will happen, i started feeding super worms to my girl alot earlier than most people would 6months, but she digested them just fine (only problem was she became addicted to them) they do have a good amount of fat in them , but not enough to make my girl over weight, as i was feeding a number of different bugs to her.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
And a baby can have locusts , but the segment i marked needs to be cut off, they have some pretty bad spikes.
1E1DAF5E-914F-457A-B9DB-48F0C1A6C8F0.jpeg