• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My enclosure i'm building

DragonLover1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi this is what my enclosure looks like at the moment not finished yet still have to get a few things. The glass tracks,glass,tiles,some products to go inside. I wasn't sure if the 48inche uvb tube batten would fit and they didn't have the 36inche only had the 24inche. Well here is the picture. its a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft enclosure that in inches 48 inches by 24 inches by 24 inches.
BILD0069.jpg

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You'll need an extra 4 3/8 inch length over your 48 inches for the bulb fixture to fit without causing damage or pressure to the bulb (providing you are measuring the outside of your enclosure)
When I built mine, I forgot to account for the additional space for the fixture, then it wouldn't fit without bending. Once you bend the fixture, those cheaply made electrical components become even more unstable.

I did install the 24 inch fixtures, but i also use MVB's. So the flo fixtures are there in case i have a burnout or something. They are sufficient to handle your needs however as long as you observe distance.