• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My dragon and his tardigrade

Oladushka

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, just want to share some cute photos of my beardie and his toy :) feel free to share your photos as well!

20200824_185150.jpg
20200817_113040.jpg

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi, just want to share some cute photos of my beardie and his toy :) feel free to share your photos as well!
Very cute; a suggestion however, the water bowl is too high and hard for him to reach; you should get a lower one and does the tank have a Reptisun 10.0 T5 UVB bulb, reptile needs UVB and Heat. Zoomed basking bulb for heat is the best one. and calcium dusted in his crkcets 5times a week once per day. NO Colored bulbs ever; it burns their eyes; they are just like humans they like it quiet and dark at nite for sleeping. Temp should be around 70 or higher at nite if it drops below 68 at night in the winter, u can use a ceramic heat emitter which emits heat but no light. I would also have his basking on the far right of the tank or the far left. The middle is the cool down area always and cold side is opposite end of the hot side. And get him a basking platform they are $14-$20 so he can lounge on it under the zoomed basking light and bask and uvb behind that in the back so he gets both.

Oladushka

Bearded Dragon Egg
Very cute; a suggestion however, the water bowl is too high and hard for him to reach; you should get a lower one and does the tank have a Reptisun 10.0 T5 UVB bulb, reptile needs UVB and Heat. Zoomed basking bulb for heat is the best one. and calcium dusted in his crkcets 5times a week once per day. NO Colored bulbs ever; it burns their eyes; they are just like humans they like it quiet and dark at nite for sleeping. Temp should be around 70 or higher at nite if it drops below 68 at night in the winter, u can use a ceramic heat emitter which emits heat but no light. I would also have his basking on the far right of the tank or the far left. The middle is the cool down area always and cold side is opposite end of the hot side. And get him a basking platform they are $14-$20 so he can lounge on it under the zoomed basking light and bask and uvb behind that in the back so he gets both.
Thank you a lot for such detailed post! I will change water bowl as you suggest.

Oladushka

Bearded Dragon Egg
Very welcome and do u have the proper light/Uvb and temps and food as stated it’s vwry very important;) also baths 2wice a week
Yes, I do have all of this, just waiting for delivery with rocks for basking spoot and other stufs for tank. There is no problems with his appetite at all, and it is really very curious and active little guy. And I thing he hates baths :D

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes, I do have all of this, just waiting for delivery with rocks for basking spoot and other stufs for tank. There is no problems with his appetite at all, and it is really very curious and active little guy. And I thing he hates baths :D
What do u mean by rocks?? Rocks is not a basking platform order one it’s like $15 or go to petco or Petsmart and get him one!! And a log in the middle back of tank they love sitting on the cool side at times for a break and a hammock in the Back on hot side behind the basking platform and mist him with dechlorinated water in a spray bottle 2-3 times a day 3-4 sprays. Baths play meditation music and make sure the water is up to his hind legs only and lukewarm maybe it’s too hot; u have to be careful after 15min pat him dry w/a sfornterry cloth & place him under basking light. Tank should look like this long UVb light (Reptisun 10.0 T5) & ZooMed heat lamp in front; my Hot is on the right side hammock in he back of the basking platform. My uvb covers the whole tank but it should cover only 70prvmt. Mine was almost dead cuz the loser never gave him UVb so I brought her back to life!!

Attachments

• 3C44F82E-5E6F-4393-A338-D2DFBE1E070E.png
    3C44F82E-5E6F-4393-A338-D2DFBE1E070E.png
    4 MB · Views: 13
  • DE46BE08-2973-457F-BE25-6743C18BBF2F.jpeg
    DE46BE08-2973-457F-BE25-6743C18BBF2F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

Oladushka

Bearded Dragon Egg
What do u mean by rocks?? Rocks is not a basking platform order one it’s like $15 or go to petco or Petsmart and get him one!! And a log in the middle back of tank they love sitting on the cool side at times for a break and a hammock in the Back on hot side behind the basking platform and mist him with dechlorinated water in a spray bottle 2-3 times a day 3-4 sprays. Baths play meditation music and make sure the water is up to his hind legs only and lukewarm maybe it’s too hot; u have to be careful after 15min pat him dry w/a sfornterry cloth & place him under basking light. Tank should look like this long UVb light (Reptisun 10.0 T5) & ZooMed heat lamp in front; my Hot is on the right side hammock in he back of the basking platform. My uvb covers the whole tank but it should cover only 70prvmt. Mine was almost dead cuz the loser never gave him UVb so I brought her back to life!!
Under rocks I meant platform that I will put inside in hot side of tank, I've attached screenshot of it. I will use your recommendations about bath, however I always check temperature and water level, will do it more carefully!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200829-085538_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200829-085538_Chrome.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 12

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Under rocks I meant platform that I will put inside in hot side of tank, I've attached screenshot of it. I will use your recommendations about bath, however I always check temperature and water level, will do it more carefully!
U need a higher platform and no baths just yet wait till he is 3-4 months old read and look at the pics I posted u need a higher platform he needs to be 8-12 inches from the ZooMed basking heat lamp 100 watt is good here is my Beardie go get him a tree like this from petco or Petsmart or online or the other hideaway one ASAp!!! U need a lot of education because if u do things wrong u can rally harm him. If he’s a baby don’t do baths till after baby 2-3monhs old and never get water in his ears most him 3-4 times a day. U need to order the Reptisun 10.0 T5 ASAp the tank needs to be light and bright if the length of the tank is 48 buy a 36 inch one and basking bulb if the tank is 24 inches high get a 150 watt but the 100 watt ZooMed is the best and u need to have a platform for basking to get him closer to the heat like 8-12 inches is best. So maybe u don’t have a platform or a tree climbing platform go to any owtstore and get one hey also have platforms with a hideaway which is perfect at their small age here are some examples just order it ASAp and u need the ZooMed digital thermometer and u place the probe on he basking platform and the ZooMed basking bulb above it and wait 15min ans u will get the temp and if it’s too hot raise the lamp. That’s the tree basking one I bought for my baby he’s now 8months and I bought him one like u saw in the pic that I will give him I’m about 2months or so. LOOK @ MY PICS those are basking platforms; they like to be high and they like to climb especially when they R babies to 1year old the one u have is a joke; go return it. He needs to be 8-12 inches from the heat lamp 100 watt

Attachments

• 3B9CBB52-6ECA-4A82-B95A-FF97176EAC39.png
    3B9CBB52-6ECA-4A82-B95A-FF97176EAC39.png
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • F563CE2D-F099-4823-8770-3D8EA8182493.jpeg
    F563CE2D-F099-4823-8770-3D8EA8182493.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • 40EBA5AC-9D3F-4617-80F6-91DA427B53FF.jpeg
    40EBA5AC-9D3F-4617-80F6-91DA427B53FF.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Email me privately this site is so not user friendly I don’t know who’s who and if u are reading my posts email me privately and I can help you but for now raise the rock as u call it place a box under it or something but place a path so he can climmmaybe with rolled up little towels like at a spa and go get the basking platform at the petstore or order those Cool ones I sent u or get him the tree one. U raise him to get the temp high he needs to be closer to the heat. Also climbing branches pretend ones at the oetstore that look like wood they love climbing

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Email me privately this site is so not user friendly I don’t know who’s who and if u are reading my posts email me privately and I can help you but for now raise the rock as u call it place a box under it or something but place a path so he can climmmaybe with rolled up little towels like at a spa and go get the basking platform at the petstore or order those Cool ones I sent u or get him the tree one. U raise him to get the temp high he needs to be closer to the heat. Also climbing branches pretend ones at the oetstore that look like wood they love climbing