• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My discoid roaches came!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The usual temp is maybe 75-85 during the day here and 72 at night. Don't temps like that just keep them alive but slow down growth?
Yes, jus slows them down, I live in Fl so we always have it hot, I don't use heat for them, you can try removing the light and see what happens, either way you're gonna have to learn how to keep them in your environment, so I'd experiment little, as long as humidity, heat, protein, and general Care n cleaning are applied you should be able to raise them just fine :)

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
I knoww. Still, I need to wait on a waiting list for them.
Don't know how far you'd have to drive but it'll save you months and there's no wait list. $1 per subadult or $1.50 per adult. Beats the hell out of Luna's prices. I would get a mix of subadults and adults (depending on your budget but 5 male 20 female subadults and 5 male 20 female adults for $62.50, maybe a lil discount to $60, sounds like a good start) so they start producing immediately for you and in case any adults are older, subadults start maturing soon to replace it.
It's not as good as finding an established colony for $100 but it's probably the next best thing.

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
I'm thinking that since this is a month old and the deal is basically free, it can't be available anymore but this kind of stuff is exactly what you are looking to grab hours after the ad is up before someone else takes it: $20 for a Discoid colony all equipment included. However, he didn't mention the number of roaches so it might be a failed attempt to start a colony with only a few in there. I don't know but I'd inquire if I was within range.

HowdyShay

Bearded Dragon Egg
They are exactly 1'' in length and are very active. I'm still so scared I'll mess it up and this is my only chance... Pumpkin tried her first one since we received one extra and she LOVED it :D. They're from Joes Bugs. How long do you think until they can start reproducing? How long do you think until I should start feeding them to her? I'm starting off with twenty. I read that they reach sexual maturity when they get their wings and that they get their wings at 1'' but these don't have wings just yet.
View attachment 26578
I raise them and I’m not gonna lie. They take awhile to mature. The winged adults are about 1.5-2” long. I’ve had my colony since October and I have my first tiny baby Discoids. They are still a free months from feeding size. And my colony came with adults. I would order just that, a colony with adults and juvenile roaches. They need lots of heat and decent humidity and a couple of inches of substrate to really be happy and breed. Here are the adults and juvenile sizes.
My roach guy is @jimbobscritters on Instagram. He’s great at roaches. Good luck. Reach out of you have any questions.

Attachments

• 46BA0081-EE91-4B47-AF3C-66DDA61FF0E6.jpeg
    46BA0081-EE91-4B47-AF3C-66DDA61FF0E6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • BCC34E38-56B8-4DDE-8765-13E7A533421B.jpeg
    BCC34E38-56B8-4DDE-8765-13E7A533421B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8