• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardy is acting strange

John Mears

Bearded Dragon Egg
So starting off as a new beardy owner i had his diet wrong i was only feeding bugs for a while witch i just changed to 80% greens and 20% bugs but i noticed that he has been not pooping,spending more time on the cool side of his enclosure,loss of appetite and his stool has become runny and some of it black today he finally disposed of his waste and when he did alot more than usual came out.

Attachments

• 16270038090633543651200081133748.jpg
    16270038090633543651200081133748.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Its an unhealthy poo, but not a cause for concern, Too many blueberries, at most he should be getting like 1 a day , he needs greens rather than fruit, and his urate looks yellow, possibly to much calcium? is that regular romaine lettuce? Switch to leafy greens like kale.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So starting off as a new beardy owner i had his diet wrong i was only feeding bugs for a while witch i just changed to 80% greens and 20% bugs but i noticed that he has been not pooping,spending more time on the cool side of his enclosure,loss of appetite and his stool has become runny and some of it black today he finally disposed of his waste and when he did alot more than usual came out.
There is a issue if he is spending more time on the cool side and not getting his digestion started w/ the not basking - what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please you need a digital probe thermometer ---- also are you using a bright white basking bulb ? NO colored and NO heat emitters for basking bulbs --- UVB ? what brand and bulb? NO coils -- this has everything to do w/ your dragons behavior and over all health --- please start feeding greens as suggested http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder --- go off this chart for reference --

John Mears

Bearded Dragon Egg
Its an unhealthy poo, but not a cause for concern, Too many blueberries, at most he should be getting like 1 a day , he needs greens rather than fruit, and his urate looks yellow, possibly to much calcium? is that regular romaine lettuce? Switch to leafy greens like kale.
Thanks for the reply and no that is cabbage and yes to much calcium could be the case