• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie isn’t eating any veg at all

MrSandman

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys I’m a new beardie owner we got a 2yr old female about two weeks ago and she won’t eat any of the veggies we give her (bell pepper, butternut squash, kale, spring greens or collards, leaks, cucumber (without skin), celery and some others)only the insects, she has quite a lot of room to move about and I changed her lightbulb a week ago as she had one of those red coloured ones to a more natural but same wattage one I give her as much water as she’ll drink twice a day (very least) and she was glass surfing earlier on this week but stopped as soon as we let her out I’ll send some pictures of the viv when I can but any sort of help will be very much appreciated as I’m starting to get a little bit worried as I would have thought the relocation stress would have gone by now Thanks Morgan p.s. we have tried cutting everything big small and everything in between eg grating

MrSandman

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys I’m a new beardie owner we got a 2yr old female about two weeks ago and she won’t eat any of the veggies we give her (bell pepper, butternut squash, kale, spring greens or collards, leaks, cucumber (without skin), celery and some others)only the insects, she has quite a lot of room to move about and I changed her lightbulb a week ago as she had one of those red coloured ones to a more natural but same wattage one I give her as much water as she’ll drink twice a day (very least) and she was glass surfing earlier on this week but stopped as soon as we let her out I’ll send some pictures of the viv when I can but any sort of help will be very much appreciated as I’m starting to get a little bit worried as I would have thought the relocation stress would have gone by now Thanks Morgan
She's going thru relocation stress so eating will be slow if she has completely quit eating there is an issue w/ the lighting-- the will not eat w/out proper temps of 95-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and the correct UVB - NO COILS-- please post pics if the tank and lighting
Hi thanks for replying, here are the pictures haven’t gotten round to getting the probe yet but on the analog one it stays from 32-35

Attachments

• E7D1B501-5669-4F54-BB20-5FD9CE2885F0.jpeg
    E7D1B501-5669-4F54-BB20-5FD9CE2885F0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • D2734FE6-EB92-41C1-8DE4-3788078DA236.jpeg
    D2734FE6-EB92-41C1-8DE4-3788078DA236.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
  • FAF00247-7617-4AF5-A274-C21DCFD5769D.jpeg
    FAF00247-7617-4AF5-A274-C21DCFD5769D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
  • F18298B7-2417-4470-B809-F055D4816665.jpeg
    F18298B7-2417-4470-B809-F055D4816665.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 75

MrSandman

Bearded Dragon Egg
Apologies for the late reply been at my mums as we had a power outage I have been planning on changing the bulb fixture in there but once she gets more comfortable as that’s what she’s had for 2 years I believe and don’t want to disrupt her especially if we’ve only had her a couple of weeks same with the sand, there is a good amount of height in the cool side but on the hot side there’s a raised wooden bit for her basking area (again something I’m not a fan of) this was all the previous owner, at the moment we’re feeding insect wise what we call hoppers in the uk which aren’t fully developed locusts, meal worms and dubia roaches are the main ones then treats are super worms and wax worms, we feed her inside her tank.she is also in her hot hide a lot at the moment and I don’t know if I should be worried

MrSandman

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh ok so I will definitely change that out as soon as possible, what do you mean by reflector? Luckily no as we live close to my mum so we were able to take the entire tank up there, and I’ll try and feed her outside the tank from now on thanks again for the replying it’s overwhelming when you haven’t had a bear die before