• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie has laid 2 infertile clutches after mating

frankie98

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey all,

Luna's first time mating/laying and she has laid 2 unsuccessful clutches.

I am concerned that it could be that she is not healthy enough? If the male perhaps isnt healthy enough? If this is normal? What I can do?

I have looked for information online and all I can find is females laying infertile eggs when there has been no mating, however I have not managed to find anything for after mating.

Does anyone have any advise for me?

Many thanks,
Francesca

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum :) egg troubles huh? :/ Can we see a picture of the male and female? Maybe the eggs if u still have em? Did they mate late? Thats the only thing i can think of besides the male not being healthy, if the eggs were fully formed and semi smooth, i dont think its her thats the issue.

frankie98

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum :) egg troubles huh? :/ Can we see a picture of the male and female? Maybe the eggs if u still have em? Did they mate late? Thats the only thing i can think of besides the male not being healthy, if the eggs were fully formed and semi smooth, i dont think its her thats the issue.
Hi!
I don’t have any pictures of the eggs unfortunately. They were very soft to the point you could barely pick them up. But then there was one that was rock solid!
I have put pics of both male and female!
79C86DCF-54F5-4B0F-A554-1171335607FE.jpeg
E7768386-113C-4253-99FB-9B8767313279.jpeg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
They both look to be pictures of health ,…I mean They’re both fat enough,… are u 100% shure they locked up? I cant see why they wouldn’t produce, unless they’re out of their primes.. :(

frankie98

Bearded Dragon Egg
They both look to be pictures of health ,…I mean They’re both fat enough,… are u 100% shure they locked up? I cant see why they wouldn’t produce, unless they’re out of their primes.. :(
All I can think is if it was her first go? Also when I got the male he was quite skinny so don’t know if maybe he wasn’t healthy enough then? But now he is? So if they mate again it would be successful?