• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My bearded dragon stopped shedding????? Help!!!!

mirandaw97

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a bearded dragon who is about 9 months old (bought him in January as a baby so assuming he was born in December)

He is 16 inches long and he's still growing. But he hasn't shed since May 9th???

Up until May he shed once-twice a month but after that he completely stopped. Last thing to shed was his stomach.

He seems happy and healthy - no vet visits yet just because I don't wanna spend the money unless I have to with an emergency. Not sure how much a check-up would be.

He's active and loves his collard greens and super worms.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have a bearded dragon who is about 9 months old (bought him in January as a baby so assuming he was born in December)

He is 16 inches long and he's still growing. But he hasn't shed since May 9th???

Up until May he shed once-twice a month but after that he completely stopped. Last thing to shed was his stomach.

He seems happy and healthy - no vet visits yet just because I don't wanna spend the money unless I have to with an emergency. Not sure how much a check-up would be.

He's active and loves his collard greens and super worms.
Well when they are growing they shed once every 2 months or so. If your juvenile was shedding once a month I think that’s good. I think he’s just gotten to the age where he sheds less

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, as long as he is healthy and has all of the right husbandry. I wouldn't be too worried, he's most likely just slowed down growing and therefore does not need to shed as often.