• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my baby bearded dragon has not eaten anything in several days

thujone

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, thanks in advance for any advice. I'm starting to get quite worried. I got a baby bearded dragon last week from PetSmart, and I bought a Thrive 40-gallon tank. I put the temperature gauge directly on the basking tree next to where he usually basks, and it says 105 degrees and the hygrometer ranges between 40-50. The first couple of days he ate several little crickets and a few mealworms. But he appears stressed now and hasn't eaten anything at all for 4 or 5 days. I tried feeding him in the tank and also in a separate smaller tank I got. Won't touch the "juvenile dragon food" which i've soaked in water. i've also cut up various greens and wet them, but he won't touch them. He tracks crickets but he won't chase them down. At this point, his eyes are shut a lot and he doesn't seem to have much energy. He basks in the same position and doesn't move really to cool off. I've been dropping water on his nose to try to keep him hydrated, but that seems to stress him out. I'm worried that he's dying now and don't know what I can do to save his life. I'd be happy to give him up to a rescue or some reptile pet shop if that would save his life... Wondering what I can do at this point?

Any advice appreciated...
Stressed out myself,
Rich

thujone

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all, PetSmart will actually have a vet look at him, so I'm getting him over there today and hopefully they can get him back to healthy. I'm sure you guys see panicky posts like this all the time, but thanks for reading.