• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moving cross country

Double d

Hatchling Dragon
Well it’s time for me to drive cross country with the dragons.. I’m driving from New Orleans to San Diego.. over 3 days. I plan on placing both of them in separate totes with towels and maybe a few 8 hour heating pads. I’ll bring some travel size UVB clamp lights possibly for hotel stays.. their tanks won’t be getting to SD for almost two weeks after I’m there so they will be living out of there totes until then.. hope my Dubia Roach colony survives the trip also. Any other suggestions ?

Mark the Mailman

Hatchling Dragon
Wow that's a hell of a drive. I'm a new beardie owner but if i can throw my 2 cents in, i would suggest feeding them something fatty before you leave like wax worms. You probably got this covered, but i would keep a close eye on them with your temp gun...Good luck Double D

Double d

Hatchling Dragon
Wow that's a hell of a drive. I'm a new beardie owner but if i can throw my 2 cents in, i would suggest feeding them something fatty before you leave like wax worms. You probably got this covered, but i would keep a close eye on them with your temp gun...Good luck Double D

Thanks for the advance! I don’t have Wax worms available to me in the area but I will feed them more than the normal serving for Dubia Roaches for the week leading up to the travel.. feed them early that morning before traveling and them hit the road.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the advance! I don’t have Wax worms available to me in the area but I will feed them more than the normal serving for Dubia Roaches for the week leading up to the travel.. feed them early that morning before traveling and them hit the road.
Long road trip Remember to allow time to digest and poop before your start to the road trip..