• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Molted Dubia Roaches

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
Which is better. A nice white roach will be easier to digest because it just molted and has a weaker shell, but does it have less nutrient content because it is weak from molting. So is it better to only feed a nice fat, dark roach with a thicker shell or a freshly molted one that will be easier to digest?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Freshly molted ones are exactly the same nutrient wise, i can confirm they’re easier to digest though, its kinda messed up to feed freshly molted ones,…. They just spent all that time struggling to molt to just get eated :(

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
Freshly molted ones are exactly the same nutrient wise, i can confirm they’re easier to digest though, its kinda messed up to feed freshly molted ones,…. They just spent all that time struggling to molt to just get eated :(
I have the same thought when I see them. I’m like” run be free you are reborn”. I never feed them but wondered if I should.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I have the same thought when I see them. I’m like” run be free you are reborn”. I never feed them but wondered if I should.
I have fed one to my tokay and he liked it, i wanted to introduce him to roaches, They can be better to feed if they’re superworms and molted.