• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Bubby!

SavageSiren317

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello we are new here and for the most part new to pets without fur. I had an iguana as a kid but didn't really have anything to do with it's care and it was a ***** so I think I held it maybe 5 times but all he did was whip his tail and open his mouth. Iv been caring for a leopard gecko for the past maybe 6 months as I kinda adopted him when my BF moved in with me. I had to learn a lot very quickly. I have always loved bearded dragons and always planned to own one someday.

Well about a week or 2 ago on a trip to the pet store to get worms for the gecko I stopped to admire the beardies. But this one little guy running back and forth across the front of the tank doing his little wave at me captured my attention. So on an impulse I decided he was coming home with me. On further inspection the pet store employee found he is missing the tip of his tail (almost unnoticeable) and the tip of one of his toes on his back foot was black and probably about to fall off. So my friend called him lieutenant Dan. I knew this is common in reptiles as a result of stuck sheds and doesn't really pose any threat to their health. Well they ended up adopting him out to me under the "no givsies backsies" polic
lmao. I picked up a 55 gallon aquarium off the curb a few months back so it was perfect. Due to his missing tail tip and toe I appropriately named him Nubby! I'm still working on setting up the 55 gallon so for a couple weeks he will be in a smaller enclosure but since he's only about a month old I have some time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210716_121025276.jpg
    IMG_20210716_121025276.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello we are new here and for the most part new to pets without fur. I had an iguana as a kid but didn't really have anything to do with it's care and it was a ***** so I think I held it maybe 5 times but all he did was whip his tail and open his mouth. Iv been caring for a leopard gecko for the past maybe 6 months as I kinda adopted him when my BF moved in with me. I had to learn a lot very quickly. I have always loved bearded dragons and always planned to own one someday.

Well about a week or 2 ago on a trip to the pet store to get worms for the gecko I stopped to admire the beardies. But this one little guy running back and forth across the front of the tank doing his little wave at me captured my attention. So on an impulse I decided he was coming home with me. On further inspection the pet store employee found he is missing the tip of his tail (almost unnoticeable) and the tip of one of his toes on his back foot was black and probably about to fall off. So my friend called him lieutenant Dan. I knew this is common in reptiles as a result of stuck sheds and doesn't really pose any threat to their health. Well they ended up adopting him out to me under the "no givsies backsies" polic
lmao. I picked up a 55 gallon aquarium off the curb a few months back so it was perfect. Due to his missing tail tip and toe I appropriately named him Nubby! I'm still working on setting up the 55 gallon so for a couple weeks he will be in a smaller enclosure but since he's only about a month old I have some time.
Welcome to beardie world-- please make sure you have correct basking temps I see stickons they are inaccurate you need a digital probe thermometer to get actual basking temps 105-110 and that the heat is being provided by a bright white basking bulb NO colored bulbs please -- this is extremely important along w/ correct UVB --- NO coils --- they are no good -- you need a long tube fixture like a 24" Zoo Med or Sunblaster or Arcadia - w/ the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb ---- these things I have posted are the MOST important things in the tank ---they will control the overall health and behavior of the dragon --- keep an eye on those injuries he has if they start turning black that is a sign of infection ---- the 55 gallon tank is a good starter tank for him you will eventually want to upgrade to a 75-120 gallon tank -- if you have any more questions about Nubby please ask --- DO NOT go to the petstore for help they most often sell you stuff that you do not need and / or give bad advice

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum, very cute little dragon :) please listen to sadies advice on lighting, this is #1 most important thing, if you have any questions please do ask there’s no such thing as a silly question.