• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mazuri Insectivore Diet Pellets Review

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I decided to review the Mazuri Insectivore Diet Pellets early because Allie's pushed them aside and not showing any interest to them.

I volunteered to see if Allie would touch them in case her crickets ran out and this would be a temporary replacement or component to crickets. I'm always looking for the best nutritional foods for Allie because I always believed that all animals and reptiles need great nutrition. Wild animals are able to eat a variety of insects and plant life to obtain their own nutritional needs. However, captive bred animals such as reptiles, birds, rodents, cats, and dogs heavily rely on us to supply them with the best nutritional diets available on the market today. Not only does their nutrition rely on us, they also need a healthy amount of exercise to go to live and maintain a healthy life.

I kept track of Allie's feeding schedule for the week on a piece of paper. Over the course of five days, I've observed Allie smelling her greens for the pellets. If she didn't smell them, she ate her greens. If she did smell the greens and smelled the pellets, she wouldn't eat them and turned away. I even tried hiding them in her greens and feeding the pellets to her feeder crickets in their own separate bin. They both didn't eat them and she wouldn't eat her crickets. She went three days without crickets and then just yesterday, she began eating them. I changed her greens to turnip greens with some babyfood butternut squash and some of the pellet food. She ate all her greens save for the pellets sitting on a piece of turnip greens.

Since I treated this like an experiment, I felt I needed to get what I had experienced down to let you all know what Allie did for five days.

The Pros:
Nutritonally balanced
An alternate course of protein if you ran of your feeders

The Cons:
Allie didn't care for them.

My Review:

They may be palatable to animals, but reptiles might not eat them because they don't smell palatable, taste good, or they're not what they need. Reptiles know what they need for nutrition. Allie might just, after all, be a picky dragon who knows what she likes and doesn't like.