• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Maximum Out of Enclosure Time?

Hossinn

Hatchling Dragon
Hello. Tabaluga has been enjoying kicking back in this potted plant, in front of the window. It's pretty warm in this spot. If he isn't appearing uncomfortable or agitated, can he stay here for hours (while we're around of course), or should out of enclosure time be kept to some sort of maximum time?
thumbnail_IMG_5046.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello. Tabaluga has been enjoying kicking back in this potted plant, in front of the window. It's pretty warm in this spot. If he isn't appearing uncomfortable or agitated, can he stay here for hours (while we're around of course), or should out of enclosure time be kept to some sort of maximum time?View attachment 28349
He needs basking time in his tank--- at least 4 hrs- I only let mine out 2 hrs then back to the tank--- unless you want to set up a basking spot in the house where he can go and warm up then that would be good

Hossinn

Hatchling Dragon
He needs basking time in his tank--- at least 4 hrs- I only let mine out 2 hrs then back to the tank--- unless you want to set up a basking spot in the house where he can go and warm up then that would be good
I haven’t tested the temp here, which I need to do. It was just over 100 degrees outside the window, so perhaps very warm in this spot, although AC was on. He was gaping (releasing internal heat?) and felt very warm when I picked him up.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My girl has been let out all day 10-5, for the past year, shes happy with outside time

Attachments

• A5BC30F0-A467-4EA6-90FE-B8F51010B0FE.jpeg
    A5BC30F0-A467-4EA6-90FE-B8F51010B0FE.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
  • C650EE6E-D8C6-42D1-8AED-341AFAA4C3B4.jpeg
    C650EE6E-D8C6-42D1-8AED-341AFAA4C3B4.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 0887126E-9044-48D5-9728-56C6C41F71A8.jpeg
    0887126E-9044-48D5-9728-56C6C41F71A8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Hello. Tabaluga has been enjoying kicking back in this potted plant, in front of the window. It's pretty warm in this spot. If he isn't appearing uncomfortable or agitated, can he stay here for hours (while we're around of course), or should out of enclosure time be kept to some sort of maximum time?View attachment 28349
Hi, I was wondering this too, I haven’t had my little guy out of his enclosure much, he’s still very little and we are building trust but I have a very sunny kitchen window that I thought I could put a hammock up and he could join me for the washing up. Love your pics btw, he looks very comfy.

Bibi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well, Sticky certainly enjoys the same thing! She'll stare out the window for hours....I also repurposed a child's swimming pool for her outdoor enjoyment:
IMG_1728.jpeg

I fill it up early enough so the water warms up. And btw the water isn't as dirty as it looks....
She's usually pretty quiet but gets animated when she's outside!
IMG_1734.jpeg

Whitrroze

Bearded Dragon Egg
I loved all the stories and pictures. I hope one day I will be able to enjoy time with my beardie. When I handed her it seems to me she is not enjoying it. She constantly is trying to run away from my hand. She is new I got her 6.24.21 and they said she was 6 to 8 weeks old. So I figure 2 to 3 months old. Will she ever settle down?
16268839247918308258943536852296.jpg

Whitrroze

Bearded Dragon Egg
BTW, she is supposed to be a red bearded. Nut she doesn't look that red ro me? What do you all think.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Well, Sticky certainly enjoys the same thing! She'll stare out the window for hours....I also repurposed a child's swimming pool for her outdoor enjoyment:View attachment 28373
I fill it up early enough so the water warms up. And btw the water isn't as dirty as it looks....
She's usually pretty quiet but gets animated when she's outside!
View attachment 28374
Sticky needs her nails trimmed pretty bad, great outside time pic, and great idea :) , ima get a kiddy pool for my girl.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I loved all the stories and pictures. I hope one day I will be able to enjoy time with my beardie. When I handed her it seems to me she is not enjoying it. She constantly is trying to run away from my hand. She is new I got her 6.24.21 and they said she was 6 to 8 weeks old. So I figure 2 to 3 months old. Will she ever settle down?View attachment 28376
She’ll settle down, sometimes you gotta force love on them lol, they eventually slow down and just want to sit still and bask, she doesn’t look red at all, bearly orange (she is in shed) but if you paid extra for red id get some money back….