• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mansion update

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
20210329_194453.jpg

20210329_194501.jpg

20210329_194505.jpg

20210329_194514.jpg

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I love that background! Did you make or or buy it? I’ve been looking for something like that for the new tank.
I got it from Universalrocks.com . It's a 3d rock background they are known for being the best in making aquarium or reptile background I got the plain Rocky style, they are really thin too you wouldn't believe it ! I didn't they're like 1/4 of an inch really good quality sturdy she can climb it straight up its flexible too good stuff recommend

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I got it from Universalrocks.com . It's a 3d rock background they are known for being the best in making aquarium or reptile background I got the plain Rocky style, they are really thin too you wouldn't believe it ! I didn't they're like 1/4 of an inch really good quality sturdy she can climb it straight up its flexible too good stuff recommend
How much did the background cost if I may ask? And where did you get cork rounds that long, the longest I can find are like 12-18 inches, that thing looks 3 foot?

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
How much did the background cost if I may ask? And where did you get cork rounds that long, the longest I can find are like 12-18 inches, that thing looks 3 foot?
From what im seeing on the website that long ones look to be about 300 dollars

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The background costs me around 156$ it was 72x20 . My enclosure is 24 tall but since I have a bioactive I saved money only getting the 20 tall background . I got those cork tubes from SATOO Scales and tales of Ohio a local shop but I'm sure biodude should have some large tubes

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
@Skybug the corktube in the middle is 38inches long with a inner diameter of 12inches the one in the left side is like 23 inches long and a diameter if like 18 inches

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The background costs me around 156$ it was 72x20 . My enclosure is 24 tall but since I have a bioactive I saved money only getting the 20 tall background . I got those cork tubes from SATOO Scales and tales of Ohio a local shop but I'm sure biodude should have some large tubes
150$ not bad, I spent 70$ just on cork bark backgrounds, I'm definitely gonna check out them, I've heard a lot of them from youtube lately, and bio dudes got the cork connect, nice :) , very nice enclosure when my new enclosure gets here I'm definitely gonna "steal" some of your ideas, if you don't mind that is.

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
150$ not bad, I spent 70$ just on cork bark backgrounds, I'm definitely gonna check out them, I've heard a lot of them from youtube lately, and bio dudes got the cork connect, nice :) , very nice enclosure when my new enclosure gets here I'm definitely gonna "steal" some of your ideas, if you don't mind that is.
Some inspiration is never a bad thing if anything I want to see more natural looking stuff I'm even down to help some ideas flow Or even to tell ya how to cut the cost of getting items etc I know alot of tricks all around

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Some inspiration is never a bad thing if anything I want to see more natural looking stuff I'm even down to help some ideas flow Or even to tell ya how to cut the cost of getting items etc I know alot of tricks all around
totally! I wish more people would do natural/bio , but most of them have been indoctrinated into the "no sand! No substrate! , when if they just introduced substrate when they're little there would be no problem (of course a beardie is gonna eat dirt , it's brown smells earthy and has minerals)

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Built a canopy for the setup today costed me approximately 30$ give or take and about 3 hours to make
received_1097149010789748.jpeg

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thats cool! Whats its purpose? To hide the ugly lights? Ur full of grand ideas :)
Yes it makes it look more uniform but it also keeps particles or dust out while also keeping other buggers that get on the screen or such not the chance to get in while keeping anything I have in inside which hasnt been a problem so far. But I added ventalation fans ontop not only for air circulation but to add in alittle wind and the ventilation fans are set to timers that turn on and off and different periods of the day or night also put a mini dehumidifier in the canopy just incase its needed . The canopy also makes it to where any light that bounces from the light fixtures and such isnt bouncing anywhere but the enclosure . Also I have a bird which keeps him away aswell . But canopies are big in the aquarium hobby and I wanted to bring that onto my vivarium