• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Making "Top Soil" ?

Vynzent

Bearded Dragon Egg
I want to do bio-active, but there seem to be no places selling the right soil. I've gone to stores in my city and the only top-soil they have contains composted manure which I assume is bad?

I know that there are 'good' brands of top soil out there but every place seems to not have them in stock.

So do I have to buy top soil, or is there some mix that I can make myself that can substitute for it? Like sand and coconut husk and moss or something? Or do I have to wait for stores to have top soil available again?
(On the Bearded Dragons Network on facebook someone told me that some top soil brands are only sold seasonally).

Vynzent

Bearded Dragon Egg
I can't edit the previous post anymore, it seems, but also, can I use Zoomed's Reptisoil for bio-active instead of top soil?

I know Reptisoil is costly but it does look nice and I'd rather buy some of that right now than wait a few months for stores to maybe start carrying Scott's top soil or something.