• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Logs for enclosure

redflea13

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I need opinions on bringing in logs from my yard for my new dragons. We use no pestice on our property. I have store bought logs in my other enclosure. Trying to save money, but don't want to hurt my new dragons.

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey,

Stay clear of soft woods like cedar, pine, spruce, etc. Use hard woods like oak, maple, ash, locust.... I put large logs in the back of my pickup for a couple of days. The sun drives away the bugs. Good luck.

HUNTEQ

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Do what "TheVirus" says, and fill a spray bottle filled with a solution of 1/10 bleach, 9/10 water and spray down the log, even in all the cracks and crevices. Then hose it down and make sure all the bleach solution is gone and let the log dry on a tarp inside your house to make sure that new bugs don't lay eggs or anything like that, also try to keep flies away.