• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

"Lizzy" says Hi.

Monstermug

Hatchling Dragon
So just ignore her altogether? Last time she was very agitated and it looked like skin was really falling off so i bathed her and with my fingers rubbed it off without no pressure at all. Afterwards it seemed like she was grateful for it.

Monstermug

Hatchling Dragon
Okay so just a little update. Lizzy is now 19 inchs and weights 340 grams. This is the first time she has not shed back to back. It's been about 2 weeks since she last shed which is unusual. She has seemed to have cut back on the insects and eating a lot more vegs.

liz.png

She was born 11th March 2021 so that makes her 3 months and 2 weeks old. She doesnt seem to have gotten any longer but has put on a lot of body mass within the two weeks from her last shed. Just wondering if she has stop growing now?

That black spot on her back is just locust blood btw.

IMG-20210611-WA0003.jpg

Her room mates are getting along nicely and all happy now.

IMG-20210625-WA0002.jpg

Even the cats don't mind her.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Woweee shes huge !! Very healthy looking, nice and hydrated :) once the shedding starts to get irregular (like only one leg will shed , or half her belly) they’re almost done growing at that point, she may get to be 350-360 when shes all done, your torts are so camera shy, and idk those cats are looking pretty unhappy to mee that kitty on the right is like “why is this spikey thing near us” lol beardy obviously doesn’t care.

Monstermug

Hatchling Dragon
I just find it super weird that lizzy would want to grow to her almost max in the first 3 months of her life. She still has 14 months of growth time left according to google!

I know that tortoise don't ever stop growing until they reach their maximum size so they can take their time on the growing.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I just find it super weird that lizzy would want to grow to her almost max in the first 3 months of her life. She still has 14 months of growth time left according to google!

I know that tortoise don't ever stop growing until they reach their maximum size so they can take their time on the growing.
I thought u saying 3 months was a typo :eek: …. Can u confirm that she was small when u got her? I think someone at the pet store messed up and u might of gotten a Komodo dragon! Or she came from a toxic waste dump…..You’ve obviously been giving top notch care, whats ur secret lol,… she doesn’t look 3 months, i think someone may have given the wrong dates , or shes just a monster :)

Monstermug

Hatchling Dragon
No definitely not a typo.

IMG-20210325-WA0002.jpg

This picture was taken on the 25th March 2021. She was exactly two weeks old when I drove her home.

Monstermug

Hatchling Dragon
Screenshot_20210626-221058_WhatsApp.jpg

This pic was sent to me on the day I purchased her from the breeder. (BD is short for bearded dragon).

IMG-20210527-WA0003.jpg

And picture of her parents conceiving her......

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Goodness didn’t need the last picture lol, but thanks,. They’re both huge! She definitely passed down some big girl genes to her daughter.

Monstermug

Hatchling Dragon
At least we now know what the shoulder pads are for...

Hope she hasn't stopped growing. She's almost reach that cuddly size. Not quite there yet so going to get some Dubia Roaches in for good measure.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
they bite the back of their heads! Its awful lol… and yes keep feeding her , if shes gonna have another Growth spurt she’ll need all the energy she can get, are you feeding super worms? Or hornworms?

Monstermug

Hatchling Dragon
Just adult locusts and Dubia's roaches at the moment. She can swallow adult locust sideways now so no need to cut off the legs like I used too although she doesn't like it when her food does a round house in her face.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Just adult locusts and Dubia's roaches at the moment. She can swallow adult locust sideways now so no need to cut off the legs like I used too although she doesn't like it when her food does a round house in her face.
Locusts are really good feeders, i bet she loves those(except the Karate kick lol)

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Although I'm not new to keeping reptiles, I am new to keeping bearded dragons. This is Lizzy, a 8 weeks old Hypo Trans female. This picture was taken 2 weeks ago. She is currently about 14 inches long which according to the charts seems a bit abnormal? Her parents were not giants so maybe she's just love's eating.
View attachment 27166

She's currently living happily with my 3 years old Indian star tortoise who just ignores her and vice versa. The vivarium is 5ft long and 2ft deep. She sorts of occupies the top half whilst the tortoise roams the bottom half. When she's older she may need some netting to connect the vines together but she's still small enough to cling on them for now. View attachment 27167
This is a picture of Lizzy today. About 50% bigger than the first picture! It's almost 1:1 ratio.

View attachment 27168

And this is Raphael named after the ninja turtles of course. Not me. Blame the kids. Currently looking grumpy as I turned him round for a photoshoot. He was 500 grams when I last weight him a month ago. He won't grow much bigger than this according to the internet but then again still has another 3 more years of growing left. He is as heavy as a rock and acts like one too and likes to travel in a straight line. Initially I was worried about aerial bombs from above but Lizzy respects him by going in the same spot in the corner of the enclosure and at exactly the right time too. Bless her.

He on the other hand just goes in his food bowl when he doesn't get what he wants to eat knowing full well, we change it straight away. Who says reptiles are dumb!
Welcome to the forum! Gosh such adorable babies! Lizzy is beautiful! And Raphael is a handsome guy! Hahahaha I love their names. They are perfect! Loved reading your post. I chucked the whole time. :)