• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting

hlund

Bearded Dragon Egg
We are upgrading to a 120 gallon tank for our bearded dragon and are looking for recommendations for lighting. Our tank has a mesh lid and we would feel better having the lights on top of the screen not only for our bearded dragon’s protection, but also so he has more room in his cage. What type of lighting would work best for this situation?
Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We are upgrading to a 120 gallon tank for our bearded dragon and are looking for recommendations for lighting. Our tank has a mesh lid and we would feel better having the lights on top of the screen not only for our bearded dragon’s protection, but also so he has more room in his cage. What type of lighting would work best for this situation?
Thanks
Your going to need to have the UVB in the tank - you can use a 14% Arcadia bulb and have it strapped to the inside top of the tank but it has to be in the tank - the screen and distance is too far away I used a Arcadia 14% for a while then went to the Arcadia 12% --- equivalent to a T 5 same thing --- the Arcadia 14% bulb needs a distance of 17-18 inches directly above the basking decor piece and the T5's need distance of 12-15 inches directly above basking decor w/ NO obstruction -- I can post some pics of the tanks when I had both lights in the tank -- one on left is w/ the 14% bulb and the one on right is now -- far right is Hiccups tank w/ the T 5 -- the strap used come from Home Depot its like a Velcro strap cut into strips and works great -- wrap around the fixture -- but you will need to get the UVB inside the tank -- your heat bulbs will be trial and error w/ them and they can sit on top of the mesh just make sure you have digital probe thermometers - I use 3 different types -- stick ons for ambient ONLY a IR gun and digital probes as well --

Attachments

• Better pic of Blazes tank 10-10-5-2019.jpg
    Better pic of Blazes tank 10-10-5-2019.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Blaze tank 9-20-2021.jpg
    Blaze tank 9-20-2021.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Hiccup tank 8-8-2021.jpg
    Hiccup tank 8-8-2021.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 10