• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting Suggestions

Bubbles_2384

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!

I'm planning to build a bigger enclosure for my almost 3-year-old bearded dragon and could use a hand with choosing the UV lighting.
The enclosure will be 120x60x50cm ( LxWxH ) and the lighting will be fixed to the roof of the enclosure (inside).
The one I think I'm going to use is Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 T5 HO UVB Tube 86cm 39w. Is this appropriate in terms of size, length, output, etc?

Thanks!

P.S for those who are interested, here is a photo of my beautiful boy. His name is Elliot and he's a het-hypo leatherback. He was named after the dragon in my favorite childhood movie, Pete's Dragon.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 3.26.17 PM.png

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yup that’s the perfect one just make sure that it covers 50-70% of their tank and that it’s about 4-6 inches away from their basking spot. Hope I was helpful :)