• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting fixture help

becsmorg

Bearded Dragon Egg
So in attempt to save some money, instead of buying a reptile terrarium hood for $100+ , I bought a florescent light fixture for my reptisun 24” t8 bulb, but unfortunately didn’t realize the fixture does not come with a cord and is meant to be hard wired. Is it safe to just wire it to a normal extension cord or would this cause the bulb to be not as bright as it’s meant to be wired directly to the panel and not plugged into an outlet? Or does anyone know of any 24” fluorescent fixtures that plug in available in Canada?

[fixture I bought ](https://www.homedepot.ca/product/lithonia-lighting-2-ft-t8-1l-17w-mini-strip-light/1000730008)