• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting distance?

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Can my reptisun 10.0 t5 be 11 inches away from my decor? If it's that close how often can I give calcium, d3, and multivitamin?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can my reptisun 10.0 t5 be 11 inches away from my decor? If it's that close how often can I give calcium, d3, and multivitamin?
T 5's distance depends on the placement -- where is it? top of screen or inside the tank ? If the screen is a WIDE HOLE type it can sit on top 8-10 inches basking decor directly under it -- fine mesh it needs to be inside the tank w / distance of 12-15 inches decor directly under it -- how old is the dragon depends on the calcium D3 being given -- for a baby up to a year old 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated on the insects being fed -- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated that will change after a year old --- the T 5 is a good bulb and the dragon should only get the D3 maybe once a week w/ regular calcium NO phosphorus 2 times per week -- if the dragon is a good salad eater you wont need to worry about the vitamins then too often he will get the vitamins he needs from those if hes not a good salad eater then I would suggest giving them once out of the week on the insects -- just alternate them so hes getting both --

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
T 5's distance depends on the placement -- where is it? top of screen or inside the tank ? If the screen is a WIDE HOLE type it can sit on top 8-10 inches basking decor directly under it -- fine mesh it needs to be inside the tank w / distance of 12-15 inches decor directly under it -- how old is the dragon depends on the calcium D3 being given -- for a baby up to a year old 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated on the insects being fed -- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated that will change after a year old --- the T 5 is a good bulb and the dragon should only get the D3 maybe once a week w/ regular calcium NO phosphorus 2 times per week -- if the dragon is a good salad eater you wont need to worry about the vitamins then too often he will get the vitamins he needs from those if hes not a good salad eater then I would suggest giving them once out of the week on the insects -- just alternate them so hes getting both --
Mars is about 7 months old, I estimate. It is inside the tank, so I'll move it up a bit. I usually give Repashy D3

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Mars is about 7 months old, I estimate. It is inside the tank, so I'll move it up a bit. I usually give Repashy D3
How often should she have regular Calcium? I used to do it daily but she started getting yellow in her poop, which I heard is an indication of too much Calcium. However, she does have pinworms and has received medicine for it. So that could be to blame as well

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How often should she have regular Calcium? I used to do it daily but she started getting yellow in her poop, which I heard is an indication of too much Calcium. However, she does have pinworms and has received medicine for it. So that could be to blame as well
7 months she needs it daily lightly coated on the insects --- the medication could be causing the yellow but she could be dehydrated as well --- if shes on meds please keep her hydrated it will dry them out -- so we cant determine the cause for sure but keep her hydrated start there so it can be ruled out --

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Ohhhh, okay. Yes, she is dehydrated. She's been a bit wrinkly since we got her, but we have been working on getting her more hydrated.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ohhhh, okay. Yes, she is dehydrated. She's been a bit wrinkly since we got her, but we have been working on getting her more hydrated.
Does she eat her salads -- if so rinse before serving she will get lots of hydration from those or you can drip water on her nose or syringe feed but you MUST DO IT SLOWLY so she does not aspirate --- let her swallow what you put in

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Does she eat her salads -- if so rinse before serving she will get lots of hydration from those or you can drip water on her nose or syringe feed but you MUST DO IT SLOWLY so she does not aspirate --- let her swallow what you put in
She doesn't dislike salad. Sometimes she'll eat almost all of it, but most of the time it's just a few bites in the morning and then she just waits for her bugs. I do rinse the bowl or mist the salad. Sometimes I even put bugs in her water bowl and she will drink water while trying to get them

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She doesn't dislike salad. Sometimes she'll eat almost all of it, but most of the time it's just a few bites in the morning and then she just waits for her bugs. I do rinse the bowl or mist the salad. Sometimes I even put bugs in her water bowl and she will drink water while trying to get them
:) That is funny-- ok well it might be the meds then - at this point we really don't know- after the medication is done see if it straightens out to regular white poop- if not we need to look at the supplements

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
:) That is funny-- ok well it might be the meds then - at this point we really don't know- after the medication is done see if it straightens out to regular white poop- if not we need to look at the supplements
16338194092721666374354010787641.jpg
this is what I have been giving her as her normal calcium. It doesn't say the exact brand. I got it at the reptile zoo where I adopted Mars. Do you think this is good? If not I have exo terra calcium as well

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
I know, I do give her D3 a few times a week. This is the normal calcium that I give her aside from that

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know, I do give her D3 a few times a week. This is the normal calcium that I give her aside from that
She doesnt need the w/ out 3 yet --- she wont need that till she is a year old