• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting change during brumation?

Carlyelaine

Hatchling Dragon
Mushu is starting brumation and my old bearded dragon never really went in to brumation that I noticed, at least not as obviously and as intense as Mushu.

I'm not worried about him, just not sure if I should change the set up of his lights during this?

Right now his basking lamp, & UVB are on from 5am - 4pm and his heat lamp is always on. Should I change the basking light & UVB from only being on from 8am - to say 4pm? I would add another heat lamp if I do this as he is in a 100 gal tank and I don't want it to get too cold for him.

Lately he has been going inside his cage by 2pm and not coming out in the mornings until I'm already gone for work & he used to be up & out early.

Someone please advise.

Thanks!

Carlyelaine

Hatchling Dragon
I am using a 150w che. He's eating 3-7 each day instead of his regular 10 and every once in a while he skips a day completely but not often. He still touches his veggies every other day just not as much compared to every day like he used too.

Carlyelaine

Hatchling Dragon
At night with just the che on its 80 degrees. Been thinking about adding another because I'm not sure if that's too cold? He sleeps inside the cave on the warm side. The other side of the tank stays at about 70-80 all the time except at night where it probably drops down to 60. His tank is 5 feet long so he doesn't really hangout on the cool end too much unless he's eating or running around because he wants out

Latest posts