• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Light timers?

HelenD

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Me and my bf are going away for a couple days ...its the first time we are leaving kiyo.....Someone is coming to clean the cage and feed her everyday but wont be able to turn the lights on/off when we usally do.....I have been looking at some timers but was wondering if any of you guys have used one or is curently using one and if you can make any suggestions (or links) on were to get a simple easy to use one.Thanks so much, any help is appreciated!!!!!!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can get really easy to operate ones at your local pet stores. We've used them and they are a life saver....here's a link to some examples:

Timers

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
easiest to use ones i have found are the ones at lowes/home depot. they are in the lighting department and sometimes in the outdoors department (have to ask associate) but they are very simply to use dial timers.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I ended up putting one on too and I second the life saving factor. But dont forget daylight savings time just like for the rest of us ;)

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
just agreeing with everyone. they are a lifesaver! you can freely go out and eat and not worry about your beardie getting off schedule.

i've gotten mine from home depot....

HelenD

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Duh.....I didnt even think of that! Im so going to home depot/lowes now! thats a total relief....i wasnt looking forward to ordering online.....and the shipping :-\