• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Licks

REX-BEARDY

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello guys, when my beardie licks me, (which he does a lot of the time). does that mean a sign of affection? its so cute, after i have had him out for a play, he will come up and give me a big lick on the hand. Is this normal?

Aspookyghost

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's completely normal and it's just their way of basically sniffing you or getting you scent, It's nothing to worry about and is actually a good thing, showing that he's pretty curious to get to know new thing, but most importantly, adorable for them to do as well!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello guys, when my beardie licks me, (which he does a lot of the time). does that mean a sign of affection? its so cute, after i have had him out for a play, he will come up and give me a big lick on the hand. Is this normal?
Dex will start licking anything within reach when I come up to his tank in the morning to talk and visit with him while he's basking waiting for his breakfast.

Same when I hold him. Lick, lick, lick. lolol Or put him on his window sill to get a few rays. He'll walk, lick, walk, lick until he gets to the screen then he'll put his front feet up on it and take in the scenery and chill out. Head going every which way, front feet up and back legs hunched in sitting position. It's one of his favorite things to do. So adorable. :)