• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Leash training

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So, I finally decided it was time to see if Dex would take to his leash. Yeah . . . definite fail. Hahaha I had him all relaxed in my lap and slowly put the harness under him so I could put his legs into it. I’d get one leg in and as soon as I went to put the other one in, he’d take his other leg out. We did this four or five times . . . back and forth, back and forth. I wasn’t coordinated enough to hold him steady and the harness up to keep one leg in while trying to get the other one in and he was too quick going from one foot to the other. lol He wasn’t upset by the experience and stayed sitting in my lap. Actually, I’m pretty sure he was laughing at me through the whole thing. His coordination (unlike mine) was too timed to not think he was messing with me. Lil rascal. We’ll try again another day.

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So, I finally decided it was time to see if Dex would take to his leash. Yeah . . . definite fail. Hahaha I had him all relaxed in my lap and slowly put the harness under him so I could put his legs into it. I’d get one leg in and as soon as I went to put the other one in, he’d take his other leg out. We did this four or five times . . . back and forth, back and forth. I wasn’t coordinated enough to hold him steady and the harness up to keep one leg in while trying to get the other one in and he was too quick going from one foot to the other. lol He wasn’t upset by the experience and stayed sitting in my lap. Actually, I’m pretty sure he was laughing at me through the whole thing. His coordination (unlike mine) was too timed to not think he was messing with me. Lil rascal. We’ll try again another day.
Yeah, they don't like harnesses!