• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Laying in water bowl?

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
My dragon has been acting very strange. Lately he's the only food he'll take is two or three bites of salad a day, which is starting to worry me. He did have some nasty parasites for quite a long time and Just got through with them. Ive been giving him some probiotics every other day. As far as I know, temps and humidity are correct (100 basking, 79 cool side, 85 hot side, and 50% humidity). However, lately I've noticed he stays close to his water bowl most of the day, and now he's started sitting in it. Why? I can imagine that being normal for a bearded dragon as none of my others have ever done that.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How often do you bathe him? As they get older they eat less often. I would start weighing him to see what if he's loosing or gaining big amounts..If not I wouldn't worry too much.

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
Is it normal for them only to eat a few grams of food a day? I'll start weighing him for sure. I dont bathe him very often anymore because he's started going to the bathroom in his cage again.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it normal for them only to eat a few grams of food a day? I'll start weighing him for sure. I dont bathe him very often anymore because he's started going to the bathroom in his cage again.
Yes it is normal for adults to not eat as much as they are for the most part done growing. The weight should stay pretty steady. If your not bathing him very often and he's laying in or by his water dish maybe he wants to be bathed.. you should bathe them 1-2 times a week for them to get the opportunity to drink, and to help with shedding. Both of mine only go in the sink even my 4 1/2 month old and that really surprises me considering how much he's eating :)