• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kink in tail

Crim

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys, new owner had him/her about a week and a half. Just noticing this kink quite high up the tail and a difference in coloration to the rest of the body. Wondering if i should be worried? Seems a bit high up the tail to be rot... I'm not sure though and hoping you veterans can bless me with your knowledge. Seems healthy and happy otherwise.

It's called Merlin, but I don't know the sex yet :)

Attachments

• merl4.jpg
    merl4.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 37
  • merl3.jpg
    merl3.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 39
  • merl2.jpg
    merl2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 35
  • merl1.jpg
    merl1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 35

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
That is a loooooooong tail! I wouldn't be too concerned about that tiny squiggle in the tail. It doesn't look like a true kink, and if the beardie has proper temps, lighting, and calcium supplementation, then all is most likely well there. :0)

Crim

Bearded Dragon Egg
That is a loooooooong tail! I wouldn't be too concerned about that tiny squiggle in the tail. It doesn't look like a true kink, and if the beardie has proper temps, lighting, and calcium supplementation, then all is most likely well there. :0)

Thanks for your reply! Lol it is long isn't it. Temps are 40c in basking area, 26-28c cooler end. Using reptisun 10.0 t5 tube for UVB. And yes been using calci dust :)