• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile not eating crickets

Ben King

Bearded Dragon Egg
I need some help/advice. I’m new to bearded dragons and just got one two weeks ago. The first week we had no issues. He would eat 10-12 crickets per day along with his greens. Now the last few days he’s not that interested in crickets. He’s still eating his greens no problem and has regular stools. He still looks full and healthy. He only ate a couple crickets over the weekend. He ate 6 crickets yesterday and hasn’t eaten any today. Is this something that’s normal or do I need to be concerned? Thanks in advance for the help.

Ben King

Bearded Dragon Egg
9DAF6FF8-05E5-45E6-B665-49E8BD00FDEF.jpeg
5A24003F-67D0-463C-9374-0517A950637E.jpeg
CE3E818B-3A15-4724-A8EE-198DC0994DC4.jpeg
C42BF230-138B-45FC-9716-46A936C08C10.jpeg
47DC1797-29EA-4407-B68E-3B430831C92D.jpeg
image.jpg

Ben King

Bearded Dragon Egg
The digital temp is on the hot side. I don’t know how accurate it is because that’s a 150 watt basking bulb in there.
You say no coil UV bulbs? I believe that’s what I have. Do I need to get the fluorescent style that goes inside the tank?
Are Dubia roaches something you can get at a pet store or do you have to order them?

Ben King

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for all the great info! I will be changing my tank lighting and ordering some fly larva.

Ben King

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks I will be sure to remove the cover on the bulb. I ordered the reptisun 10.0. Yes he will drink from his water dish. We also have been giving him baths to stay hydrated too.
His eating has improved. Tonight when I got the crickets out he went nuts when he saw them. He ate about ten total today.

Ben King

Bearded Dragon Egg
So far nothing has changed. My temps are good, I checked with infrared heat gun. The new bulb just cane in the mail so I need to get it set up now.