• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

juvenile bearded dragon not eating

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Could you Stop yelling and SHUT UP!? Like I said before Julee1971, if you're going to treat everyone like idiots, don't post, you're not helping anyone. I don't think you like to be treated like an idiot, do you? Honestly just stop. YOU have the nerve to still treat everyone like an idiot?! Also, this post was created in 2013, do you really think they're are still watching this forum? I'm actually glad they aren't on here to listen to this garbage.
Then u need to listen to it!! It’s the same pep talk I give to all people whom we rescue from!! Read and Learn!!!

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Then u need to listen to it!! It’s the same pep talk I give to all people whom we rescue from!! Read and Learn!!!
I'm not saying that you're, or anyone else is a bad bearded dragon owner. And I'm not saying that you don't have a lot of knowledge, in fact, if you rescue and rehome, I applaud you for that. That's something that I would not be able to do myself. But you can get the point across without yelling and treating everyone like an idiot.

Renegade

Bearded Dragon Egg
The 18" UV is plenty for the 40 gallon Breeder tank and what I use currently with our Mungi's 40.
With it and the basking light on one end will allow your dragon to get out of the UV when he wants.
Just so you know...you could go ahead and remove the partition you have and give your dragon full access to the entire tank. Many people do that with perfect success. That would allow you to go ahead and get the set up exactly right.
If you do that just remember to keep his furnishings simple and basic for the time being. It may look a little bare for awhile but it is best for him and you can "dress" things up when he gets a bit older.
Enjoy!
No I do not use an infrared light at all. As far as I am concerned infrared lights serve no other purpose in a bearded dragon's enclosure than to stress and irritate them.
I use 1(one) 75 watt indoor halogen flood light for the basking light and that light is suspended approximately 8 inches above the screen. That setup in a 40 gallon breeder tank produces a consistent 105-106 degree basking spot temp. Our dragon is an adult and that is what he requires.
If I lowered the same bulb down an inch or two closer to the screen the basking spot temp would easily raise to the 110 degrees F that your juvi dragon needs.
Unless you keep your home very chilly then in a 40 gallon breeder tank set up you shouldn't need anything but a 50-75 watt indoor halogen bulb to get the proper temp you need.
As far as the poop thing it is a good sign that he is eating something and it is also very common for new owners to become poop conscience when that is sometimes the only sign they see that the creature is okay:)

Hello!

I am new to the forum! I ran across this forum because my young bearded dragon, Renegade, just stopped eating. She has shedded, which I read can lead to list of appetite. However, reading this thread also made me realize her tank may not be warm enough. I literally just purchased everything you suggested to the gentleman needing the advice. I am positive everything will work out. I just want to say thank you for everyone’s thorough advice on this thread. I will keep you updated!

Renegade

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!

I am new to the forum! I ran across this forum because my young bearded dragon, Renegade, just stopped eating. She has shedded, which I read can lead to list of appetite. However, reading this thread also made me realize her tank may not be warm enough. I literally just purchased everything you suggested to the gentleman needing the advice. I am positive everything will work out. I just want to say thank you for everyone’s thorough advice on this thread. I will keep you updated!