• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this the non sting one?

DillanR1997

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I got this for my bearded dragons tail, cause I think she is starting tail rot, I ordered the non sting one, but the bottle that I got does not say it's non sting, anybody got an idea if this bottle is or any recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_194057.jpg
    IMG_20210121_194057.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I got this for my bearded dragons tail, cause I think she is starting tail rot, I ordered the non sting one, but the bottle that I got does not say it's non sting, anybody got an idea if this bottle is or any recommendations?
Yes please post pics of the tail --- are you sure its tail rot and not just shed
Here are some ways to see if its actual tail rot
Causes of tail rot are:
1. Injuries/trauma - caused by falls, or by any other bearded dragon.

2. Malnourished - make sure he has a balanced diet and he gets the nourishment he needs

How to identify tail rot:
1. Dried out - Decaying tail won't be able to retain moisture, check if it's dried out completely.

2. Very thin, brittle - Decaying tail won't be able to process nourishment, causing it to become more thin and brittle.

What to do after finding out it has a tail rot:
1. Go to a vet - very recommended

For more info, please see the link: https://reptile.guide/bearded-dragon-tail-rot/

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes make the solution like a weak tea mixture

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Post pics before u start using it, its an antiseptic it’s suppose to sting you want it to sting, the ethanol and hydrogen are what make it sting, make shure you look up the ratio of water to solution, if ur bearded dragons a baby or juvenile and he had a tail nip that could be what ur seeing and it could be hust a dark tail tip, baby beardies also get stress lines on their bellies and their tail tips can turn dark grey, get some more opinions before u soak his tail in it.