• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this okay?

Justine55

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 2 year old female(?) Dragon that is in a 4x2x2 melamine enclosure. However, it is too heavy to put on my 4x2' shelving unit, so she's been on the floor. This has made her unhappy and I need to get her back on the shelf, but a 4x2x2 will not fit due to a lip on the shelf. My room is not big enough for a larger shelving unit. Is a 36x2x2 pvc enclosure big enough?

Here is a picture of Mushu in her current enclosure.

Attachments

• IMG_20210109_170756_851.jpg
    IMG_20210109_170756_851.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I would say it's okay, most people have their adult beardies in 40gallons(it's not right but people do it) I've had my girl in a 40 gallon for a year and she's quite happy (I am getting a new 4x2x2 for her though next week)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Edit: her current enclosure is technically 46in x 22in x 22in.

Also I meant 3ft x 2ft x 2ft not 36
So shes in a 90 gallon tank???????? 3ft is 36" x 24" x 24" = approx 90 gallon tank -- you can put it on a stand / dresser that you can find at your local used furniture store - take your tape measure w/ you and measure a dresser or stand -- I found one for my 4x2x2 tank 120 gallon its a dresser that has drawers for $40 -- my tank is real light tho as its a Zen and they are made out of PVC w/ bamboo sides and back -- its really light -- is your tank a real heavy one?

Justine55

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the replies! I figured it out. Apparently my shelves on my shelving unit are reversible so they are flat (no lip). I didnt know that! It will fit a 4x2x2.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
You've got to be able to find something you can put her tank on :(.

I had my guy on the floor for about 3 days and moved him back to the desk, he hated it and just glassed surfed. The floor is also very drafty too.