• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this enough heat

Scott2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 30 gallon breeder tank. I have a heat lamp on the one side and the thermometer reads 94 in his basking area and the cool side is 75. He spends quite a bit of time on his cool side. Is 94 warm enough for the hot side?

Attachments

• F0165F20-FA8A-4154-A4CF-FE9E2C1F0A24.jpeg
    F0165F20-FA8A-4154-A4CF-FE9E2C1F0A24.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18

Bigfatpoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Depends on the age, I’m guessing it’s a baby based on the tank size so increase the heat a bit

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 30 gallon breeder tank. I have a heat lamp on the one side and the thermometer reads 94 in his basking area and the cool side is 75. He spends quite a bit of time on his cool side. Is 94 warm enough for the hot side?
Basking temps are trial and error - you need a digital probe thermometer to get accurate temps and they need to be 105-110 for a baby --- -- the UVB is what brand and bulb -- if its a T 8 the UVB needs to be unobstructed NO screen -- for a T 5 it can stay on top but the screen MUST BE a wide hole type -- distance between the two bulbs is different so please tell me what bulb your using --

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
Another question on heat. My 4-5 mo doesnt bask with her mouth open unless she is in 125-130 temperatures. I know thats higher than normal, I dont want to hurt her but I know she needs to bask. Will she simply move if it gets too hot?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Another question on heat. My 4-5 mo doesnt bask with her mouth open unless she is in 125-130 temperatures. I know thats higher than normal, I dont want to hurt her but I know she needs to bask. Will she simply move if it gets too hot?
She should not be basking w/ temps that high --- how are you getting that temp? No hotter than 110 and is the bulb a bright white basking bulb or a off white or yellowish bulb? Is the tank on the floor? The UVB and basking bulbs are crucial to the overall health of your dragon I cannot express that enough

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm what type would you reccomend?
It is trial and error w/ basking bulbs - some people can use a regular household bulb NO LED's or coil type the old fashion kind -- you can try a 100 watt but you MUST have the digital probe thermometer to get that temp -- or Exo Terra basking bulbs - white bulbs give off UVA off colored white or yellowish do not -- what are you using for a UVB?

Scott2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Basking temps are trial and error - you need a digital probe thermometer to get accurate temps and they need to be 105-110 for a baby --- -- the UVB is what brand and bulb -- if its a T 8 the UVB needs to be unobstructed NO screen -- for a T 5 it can stay on top but the screen MUST BE a wide hole type -- distance between the two bulbs is different so please tell me what bulb your using --
It is a T5 - I have digital probe thermometer on his hot and cold side. How do I increase heat? Add another heat lamp?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is a T5 - I have digital probe thermometer on his hot and cold side. How do I increase heat? Add another heat lamp?
What wattage are you using now? You can try raising the decor piece or higher bulb wattage- just make sure watching temps-- the T 5 is on top of screen? What type of screen? Fine mesh or wide hole type-? This is crucial for placement and distance

Scott2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
What wattage are you using now? You can try raising the decor piece or higher bulb wattage- just make sure watching temps-- the T 5 is on top of screen? What type of screen? Fine mesh or wide hole type-? This is crucial for placement and distance
You are helping me in another chat. I ended up with this in two places. Thanks!