• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this cactus okay for my beardie?

Hughes

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi, recently just rescued 2 bearded dragons from a pretty awful home and decided to do-up their viv with loads of live plants/succulents. Upon planting this cactus I realised it had small spikes that I didn’t notice in the store. when I pinched it, they got stuck in my finger. It didn’t hurt me and they came out quite easily, so will my lizards be okay? If not I will take it out :) I’ve attached a photo, google doesn’t come up with much about live plants for beardies so I thought I’d come here instead.

E5CC2C8E-75A3-4F72-B428-0948B3D58EB5.jpeg

E5CC2C8E-75A3-4F72-B428-0948B3D58EB5.jpeg

Hughes

Bearded Dragon Egg
What kind of cactus? And do you have those dragons housed together?

It’s an opuntia. They don’t eat their plant as they got more than enough salad so I’m not worried about that but just if the tiny spines will hurt them. And yeah, they’re two females, probably will separate them out when they get bigger but I had to get them in a rush as they were being very mistreated and were extremely underfed.