• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this a safe treat?

Cyanic

Hatchling Dragon
I purchased these human-grade dog treats from a local pet store, they are Grandma Lucys Organic and Vegetarian Banana And Sweet Potato dog treats. I do have to say, they don’t taste that bad! They’re easily breakable and crumbly as well. Would they be safe as just an occasional little tidbit for my beardie?
7D32A75A-5671-41AF-A282-FFF9594DA861.jpeg
5C90EAD5-FC58-45BD-9B0D-0025F6E7010F.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I purchased these human-grade dog treats from a local pet store, they are Grandma Lucys Organic and Vegetarian Banana And Sweet Potato dog treats. I do have to say, they don’t taste that bad! They’re easily breakable and crumbly as well. Would they be safe as just an occasional little tidbit for my beardie?
View attachment 30147View attachment 30148
How big and how hard are they- I would be concerned about choking

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I personally wouldn't feed that to my lizards. Stick to the proven stuff. Or at least what's been designed for them. This seems needlessly risky.

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
View attachment 30147View attachment 30148
I would say no. It seems too sugary and flour is not good at all for beardies.