• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this a normal jaw for a bearded dragon?

Midge

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all. I have a six month old bearded dragon who is a little boy names short-stop. He has a slightly longer bottom jaw. Is this normal? Do I worry? Do I do something about it??
f24569708442234051e66444fef86aa2.jpg
05f053f390db93589c65e3cf67f895f1.jpg

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Amy Clausen

Bearded Dragon Egg
What a cutie pie :) . Sometimes an early sign of MBD is the lower jaw coming out from under the upper jaw line. The ONLY reason I know this is because of my sweet MuShu had this when we adopted her. However, MuShu's looked worse than your sweet babies. But, a vet check is never a bad idea.

Latosha Miller

Bearded Dragon Egg
Honestly, I would just make sure he is getting the right lighting and amount of calcium you could also try getting some reptaid, it is a medicine that has vitamins and such in it, it helped one of my babies fight a severe fungal infection. If the baby is eating fine and doesn't seem to be in any pain or distress, I wouldn't worry too much :)