• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my beardie journey a boy or girl

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
If this is not a picture plz tell me how to get a good one

Attachments

• 20200809_203409.jpg
    20200809_203409.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, it seems that your bearded dragon is too young to identify if it is a male or female. Normally you can start to identify at 5 months but sometimes older. Also I would make sure that he/she is getting enough food as he/she looks a little scrawny but that might just be the picture.

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
Hello, it seems that your bearded dragon is too young to identify if it is a male or female. Normally you can start to identify at 5 months but sometimes older. Also I would make sure that he/she is getting enough food as he/she looks a little scrawny but that might just be the picture.
He is almost a year I have had him 9 months and he could possibly be a little underweight as he has been sick and we cannot find an exotic vet around us.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He definitely looks very small and underweight for his age. How much are you feeding him? What UVB are you using? And are you dusting his crickets and other prey items with calcium powder?

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
We are feeding him about 30 crickets a day and have also recently been feeding him wax worms and we are using a t8 reptisun, also we tried dusting his food in the calcium powder then he wouldn't eat them.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
We are feeding him about 30 crickets a day and have also recently been feeding him wax worms and we are using a t8 reptisun, also we tried dusting his food in the calcium powder then he wouldn't eat them.
That all sounds good, but then why is his growth stunted. Was his husbandry always like this? Did you get him when he was already a couple months old?