• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

is my beardie a male or female?

finn-stagram

Hatchling Dragon
ive had my bearded dragon for a few months and i was told it was probably a male but as my beardies been getting bigger ive noticed its on the smaller side so i think it may be a female. i was watching a video and im pretty sure its a girl can someone please help me?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 12.01.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 12.01.20 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 16

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ive had my bearded dragon for a few months and i was told it was probably a male but as my beardies been getting bigger ive noticed its on the smaller side so i think it may be a female. i was watching a video and im pretty sure its a girl can someone please help me?
Please post more pics w/ tail arched higher please

finn-stagram

Hatchling Dragon
here is more!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 4.28.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 4.28.50 PM.png
    884.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 4.28.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 4.28.34 PM.png
    831.2 KB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
here is more!
I'm still not sure, although leaning toward female. If I had the beardie in my hands I could move the tail slightly up + side to side in lighting that would show it better. Maybe post pics in a month or so and not too bright of a light.

finn-stagram

Hatchling Dragon
I'm still not sure, although leaning toward female. If I had the beardie in my hands I could move the tail slightly up + side to side in lighting that would show it better. Maybe post pics in a month or so and not too bright of a light.
ok thank you very much!!

Dragon-lovin-mum

Hatchling Dragon
I’m not sure but it looks like there are 2 lines there? Which would indicate male but It’s hard to tell from the pics.

Badwolfe

Hatchling Dragon
take your beardie into a darkened room, lift his tail like you have done and shine a torch (you can even use your phone torch) through the back of the tail and take a picture of this. We should be able to see your Beardies reproductive organs from this. You want to get a picture that looks like this:

1642678676844.png