• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is it weird to enjoy caring for feeder insects?

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
I actually really like watching the bugs and feeding them and caring for them. Maybe it's my inner little boy coming out lol. Does anyone else actually like taking care of the little buggers and watching them wiggle around?

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
I keep 2 bins for roaches. If the breeders fight for whatever reason, ratio off or extra eager to mate, don’t know. Sometimes I find adults with their wings chewed on. I feel bad and put them in the bin with roaches just growing up(no breeders) to mend.

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
I keep 2 bins for roaches. If the breeders fight for whatever reason, ratio off or extra eager to mate, don’t know. Sometimes I find adults with their wings chewed on. I feel bad and put them in the bin with roaches just growing up(no breeders) to mend.
I actually named one Grandpa to watch over the little ones. He was badly chewed on.

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
I actually really like watching the bugs and feeding them and caring for them. Maybe it's my inner little boy coming out lol. Does anyone else actually like taking care of the little buggers and watching them wiggle around?
I have a small tank for the worms, I'm not sure i enjoy caring fir them, :)
But i do feel bad about them being lunch, so i just don't get attached in fact i rarely ever even touch 1 lol

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
For proper husbandry, it’s important you take good care of the bugs too!! Not weird what so ever :) i have a roach tub with discoids in it, and ill look over the females and see how they’re doing, the crickets on the other hand can bugger off!! Ugh! I got no enjoyment from them….